1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"Citizen, may I see your identification?"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Donnellizer, Nov 9, 2001.

1. striderteen

striderteen New Member

Not if we're in a state of war/martial law. Area 51 is already shoot-on-sight, anyway.

2. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

Authorization for Deadly Force applies in all situations duder. War time, or peace time. Something like the uber Area 51 (whatever the **** it really is) is a government installation, and part of the ADF is in defense of government property, technology. And from all the lousy TV shows I've seen they got enough signs up in any given language to give ya enough warning. Tough **** if yer illiterate, huh? :D

edit:RL, that sig nearly made my choke on beer. Note to self, do not consume adult beverages while checking out dudes with tutu's and rifles. :D

3. Zundfolge

Zundfolge New Member

I've read a few other things by Mr. Martin.

On occasion he tries to make a point by telling a fictional story...I believe he assumes it's obvious enough that it's fiction so he doesn't lable it as such.

4. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

I was starting to believe it...until the part with "Citizen". Then the part with the star-wars-ish uniforms just made it too unreal for me, and unless verified by some other source, I'm going to take it as complete BS.

If anything like that ever happened, I'd be the first to organize a resistance in my neck of the woods (more or less literally :D). I value the few privelages I get as a citizen of the united states. I would never let them take it from me.

5. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

Jaunty- I wasreferring to the article, not about what issues in the future might impact on people. I believe that the article is either false, or has a lotof editing down on the real report.

I've read something more creative for something to this effect regarding civilian's rights and military personnel.

Yes, I know that Governments won'talways respect the rights of us, but realisitically speaking,they'll give everything they have to the "repressed" minority groups when quite a few of them aren't repressed at all.

6. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

I think this article is sarcastic, trying to warn against what could happen in the future. The military does have plenty of experience in blockades in other countries, and we are in a state of marshal law now. It hasn't been declared, but it's all there -- our rights have been "repealed" (no more right to habeus corpus, to legal council, to a trial, to know the charges against you, to free speech, or to privacy), and the military is being used in civilian law enforcement in direct violation of Posse Comitatus. We are by all possible definitions of the word a police state.

7. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

Well, they do have "checkpoints" in New York where they check your driver's license. But no "All detainees attempting to escape will be shot" or anything like that...

And I suspected this article isn't 100% true, but I believe this COULD happen eventually.

I knew it wasn't 100% true, it was an email someone received, so the put it on their site.

Zund: Yes, I know this guy is a little crazy. But the reason I put it up is kind of "warning, this could happen".