1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Cheap Prices]UT2k4 Spec Ed. for $29.99

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LifesBane(4Corners), Mar 16, 2004.

1. LifesBane(4Corners)

LifesBane(4Corners) Active Member

Go call your local BestBuy tomorrow... it's supposed to be out Thurs, but it may come early (we got our standard 2k4 / BF: Vietnam) this morning. But both UT2k4 normal / special edition are going for $29.99. Stores are getting in a minimum 10, and I work at one of the bigger stores on the East Coast and we're only getting 20, so they'll probably go pretty fast and some stores may not get many more than 10. I >quickly< checked around and didn't see anywhere else going that low, so it's a pretty good deal if you can actually get one before they're gone.

2. (SDS)benmcl

(SDS)benmcl Why not visit us here in the real world.

Up here in Canada I at first ordered the SE for 89.99 from amazon.ca. Week later went back and found it for 49.99. Cancelled my first order and reordered. A couple of days later they pulled it from there site. Still waiting to hear from them.

3. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Similar thing here ben, ordered SE from importmadness.co.uk, a couple of days ago they upped the price, and now it's gone from the site and my order status is 'pending'. Hmm.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  4. sublime

sublime Cynic

I just checked BestBuy's website and they have it there for $29.99. They still say it's a pre-order though and won't let you do an in-store pick-up. Free shipping though. Just an FYI.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  5. sublime

sublime Cynic

One more thing. If you actually bought UT2k3, you can get $10 back on it via rebate. Found the coupon on Amazon. That could bring the total price down to $19.99 once you get your rebate in 6-8 months. ;)

6. LifesBane(4Corners)

LifesBane(4Corners) Active Member

Two things:
    1) The price I'm talking about that's great is for the >special edition<. You can find the regular edition for $29.99 almost anywhere from what I gather. The special edition is saying it's sold out on the website, but I wonder if it even was ever carried on the site because it's a limited quantity item in stores at least. As a note on that-- we got our shipment of them in today I was told. Depending on the supervisor of the media department where you live (some are anal), and how many they got in, if they got it in early there is a chance they may sell some of them early too.

2) The rebate applies for both editions, and the "proof of purchase" is your manual cover from 2k3.

From Atari forums:

7. ']['rågïç

']['rågïç I gas nade in ur general direction.

Heh

Unreal2 is 7.95 US and IMO the FREE eXpanded Multi Player, a.k.a XMP, beats UT2k4 hands down.

Legend ET lives.
    :D

8. G-Fresh

G-Fresh Red

Go here instead.

9. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

I'm talking about the Special Edition 2DVD box with Logitech headset, not the DVD version. If it turns out I can't get the SE, then yes I'll probably get it from there.