ChatBots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok this is basically a ServerBots conversion for UT but the ServerBot section has been left out so the normal Bots are used.
The only thing thats still here is the Game Auto Start.
Otherwise the rest of the mod is about the chatting of the bots, basically El Muertes Bullsh*t modification as it was in ServerBots2
Theoretically you dont need a ServerPackage= as it is serverside mod but I see in UT3 the mod get pushed to the client whether you add a ServerPackage or not, another stupid bug in the game.

http://www.proasm.com/files/beta/ChatBots.zip

;)

[PHX]Big_Deal

Feb 13, 2008
Germany
www.phoenix-4ever.de
Hi Ben.
Server seems to crash every time with ChatBots. It crash after 1 or 2 maps played between mapchange. In the log is every time the same critical error:

Log: SeamlessTravel to: DM-Revelation
Log: ClearAllAnimSetLinkupCaches - Took 10.61ms
ScriptLog: GetSeamlessTravelActorList
Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
Log: Bringing World EnvyEntry.TheWorld up for play (30) at 2008.03.11-20.20.36
Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.002226
Log: Script call stack:
Function Engine.PlayerController:ClientSetViewTarget

Critical: appError called:
Critical: TalkBot EnvyEntry.TheWorld:persistentLevel.TalkBot_11 (Function Engine.PlayerController:ClientSetViewTarget:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
Critical: Windows GetLastError: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet. (0)
Log: === Critical error: ===
TalkBot EnvyEntry.TheWorld:persistentLevel.TalkBot_11 (Function Engine.PlayerController:ClientSetViewTarget:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812a5b (filename not found)
CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e89 (filename not found)
Address = 0xb9da32 (filename not found)
Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)

Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Log: Shutting down FaceFX...
Log: FaceFX shutdown.
Exit: Exiting.
Exit: Name subsystem shutting down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 03/11/08 20:20:37

I hope the log helps an bit!

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
mmm ok thanks, thats the same crash I was experiencing but its random.
Anyway so much for modding for UT3.
I'm not prepared to sit down and start studying all this new code from scratch to find these faults, its just not worth it.
Later on this year I might come back to UT3 when I eventually get a new PC but atm I'll just give UT3 a miss as everything is sooooo slow here by me, compiling, testing, the server startup, everything takes forever and its no fun working with that.
IMO UT2k4's graphics is 100 times better and everyone here is moving back to UT2004.