1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chaos UT2 PR3.7 Released

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, May 1, 2006.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Big news that, unfortunately, got knocked out by our host's brief outage yesterday. Nevertheless, Chaotic Dreams has released Chaos UT2 PR 3.7 for UT2004. This award-winning mega-mod is stuffed with new weapons, items, gametypes, vehicles, and more.

ChaosUT2 PR3.7 Full UMOD (293.80 MB).
    ChaosUT2 PR3.7 Full Zip (303.51 MB).
    ChaosUT2 PR3.6 to PR3.7 Patch UMOD (117.66 MB).
    ChaosUT2 PR3.6 to PR3.7 Patch ZIP (127.96 MB).

Full time servers are up and a ReadME and Game Manual are available to get you started. Below are but a few of the many new screenshots available at their site.

Get it now!

2. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

woooo! Hover boards!

3. General_Sun

General_Sun New Member

Whoot! This mod owns. Especially melee Duel. But then everything else does too.

4. Sirius

Sirius Meh

This has got to be my all time favorite mod.
    Great job guys on another winner :tup:

My only problem is I can't play CTF because for some reason it lags like crazy. Anyone have the same problem?

5. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

YES! Good release guys, keep up the good work.

6. R.Flagg

R.Flagg New Member

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Well that's a bummer, CCTF is my favorite part. I know some folks have FPS issues with the map SubMagma, is that what you're referring to? If so, please keep in mind that ChaosCTF works in all CTF and VCTF maps, not just Chaos maps.

If it's something else, please let us know. We'd like to make it better next time.

7. Lruce

Lruce Transcending to another level

Absolutely awesome, ton of work gone into this mod and it shows.

8. player

player Guest

I played TO:AoT the the predecessor of To:c for 3 years and now I play to:c for some days, but to:c is very nice! I can only say: "Holy **** is this game cool"! Sure there are some bugs, but till now it's just a mod, so I don't care. I can just advise all of you guys to play this game!

fragg u in to:c!

9. R.Flagg

R.Flagg New Member

Thanks!

It's coming along. :) Just FYI stuff - (I know many folks prefer to play instead of read manuals)

The shield for the HoverBoard gives it complete protection from terrain 'n stuff. So you can whip around the levels, and if you time it right you can slam into walls and trees or whatever as you go and not take damage.

And since the Board isn't so heavy, it's the only vehicle that is affected by the Anti-Gravity Belt. This way if you have your Belt on, the Board jumps much higher, etc. You even have on/off control over your Belt while on the Board.

And of course the Board has a built-in grappling hook. You can use it to hook to other vehicles and stuff. Or, you can use it to hook the ground or trees or whatever in front of you as you go to make you go much faster thru the levels, or just to try to make up new weird 'n fun stunts or whatever. Personally I've had lots of fun whipping around in ONS-Crossfire on the Board.

We also have another game type already in the works for an upcoming release, that centers around the HoverBoard. The idea simply came too late, and it wasn't ready for 3.7. Hopefully we'll have it out soon though. It's sort of our take on 'low-grav insta-gib vehicle ctf'. ;)

Working title is 'HyperBoard CTF', and basically all vehicles are replaced by 'suped-up' HoverBoards (the vctf part), all players with spawn with Anti-Gravity Belts (low-grav part) and self-recharging versions of the rail guns we call the ERDWs (insta-gib part). Oh, and unlike normal CCTF, the HoverBoards in this will allow flag carrying. We've only had basic play-testing so far, but it was pretty addicting. And more ideas for it are still in the works.

Hope you give it a shot when it comes.

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  10. Deapblade

Deapblade New Member

WOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOT!
    Awesome job guys!

11. BlackDragon323

BlackDragon323 Free Citizen of the World

looks great! I'm gonna d/l and try it out since I haven't payed UT in a while

but one question: I thought that UT2007 was going to incorporate Hoverboards?? Am I wrong?
    Just curious...if so, I guess you beat them to it!
    :D

12. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

Just an overall excellent mod. What more can be said?

IT'S CHAOS, BITCHES. GET IT.

13. General_Sun

General_Sun New Member

Epic are such copycats. :p

14. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

Technically, the CUT hoverboard was intended to be a vehicle where you could still use your regular weapons
    Unfortunately, it proved to be an obscenely difficult task, I'm not even sure the Epic people could pull it off

15. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Downloading patch. Patching. Playing. Chaos rules.:tup:

16. Da Spadger

Da Spadger Insert stupid title here.

GOD I LOVE THOSE PROXIES.

"Come on man, pick us up! You know you want to."

17. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

Whenever I try to enter the hoverboard or Raptor in ChaosUT, the game crashes and gives me an error message :(

18. MassChAoS

MassChAoS echo "NaliCity";

Odd that you mention the raptor, since thats not a Chaos vehicle. Possible that you have some mutator or mod conflicting. If you head over to the Chaos forums at http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/, you can post your post-crash chaosut2.log in the Tech Support and we might be able to troubleshoot the issue you're having.

19. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

Their might be other vehicles that have problems, and I'll look more into that.

I have to register to get onto the forums, don't I?

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  20. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

BUG with download: gameservers.net mirror, 3.7 full umod zip reports 550 access denied.