1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chaos Community Bonus Pack Released

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Mar 27, 2006.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

A brand new community bonus pack has been released for Unreal Tournament 2004 mod extraordinaire Chaos UT2: Evolution. The contents include 16 original Duel maps, Golgotha - a new Chaos compatable character model, and many of the best 3.5 and 3.6 tournament replays.

NOTE: for compatability, you'll want to make sure you are using UT2004 patch 3355 and not the latest patch, 3369.

2. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Let me be the first to say....WHAT?

Who is going to download a content pack that you are warned will probably not work with the latest patch??

3. R.Flagg

R.Flagg New Member

It's not the pack's fault, and it's only temporary. The pack itself works with any patch. It's Chaos Duel that's the problem.

The latest patch from Epic 'broke' our Duel mode - and Duel mode only - and so Duel players, for the moment, have to use 3355. This has already been fixed for the next Chaos release though, and it's due out sometime soon.

Thanks hal for posting this news, I'm sure the guys with maps in the pack are excited to see it listed here.

4. Hans Oberlander

Hans Oberlander New Member

I was told the mod was dead?

5. hal

lies!

6. R.Flagg

R.Flagg New Member

This report of our death was an exaggeration. 'Twas merely an illness, but we're better now. ;)

Yes, we sorta dropped off the public radar with little to no info coming from us, and we'll pay whatever price for our failings.

However, development never came to a complete stop. We are on internal release #13 right now, and we hope to have a public release ready sometime soon.

So, we apologize for the silence, but we have every desire to keep this train rolling.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  7. MrMaddog

MrMaddog Flak Monkey

Yeah, I just tried it out after getting the mod and the 3369 patch screwed it up. And I can't downgrade either since I got other mods that require the latest patch... :(

You'd think Epic would try and coordinate the v.3369 patch along with the ECE Bonus Pack, cause those two things kept screwing up a lot of mods. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll check out the new map pack... :)

8. rattyocaster

rattyocaster Up close and personal Sniper

And there I was thinking that it was something wrong with my PC, thank goodness for that!
    I guess Epic fixed it good and proper :p however we shouldn't really slag Epic off, they did bring us the greatest game in the world after all!

9. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Woohoo! Thanks to all the Chaos community people for this pack.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on that patch to fix the Duel crash/incompatibility with the latest UT2K4 patch thing but I can wait. Now I can play this pack.:D

I'll be looking forward to the next release of the mod.

Is this mod dead? I don't think so; not as far as I'm concerned.

*Edit* Actually all the maps in this pack are Duel maps so I won't be playing them until the gametype is repaired. Downloading to put it away for a rainy day. Thanks people.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  10. Narse

Narse New Member

Um... where can I download this? a link or url would be nice. Also what size is the download and does this pack require specific versions of Chaos UT2?

11. jb

jb New Member

This pack should work well with the current version of Chaos PR3.6 as well as the new version.

Download it here: http://www.generalscollective.com/downloads/download.php?file=4 (105 MBs in size approx)

As a side note you can play this using the 3369 patch, just the game WILL crash as soon as your player dies. So turn on god mode (or watch the bots) and enjoy :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  12. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

I still think I'll wait for the next version of Chaos Evolution. Game crashes bug me.:)

Hopefully the Chaos team will be including some fresh maps for the other gametypes when the new version arrives, as well as the old favourites, that is. I'm looking forward to it.

13. hal

This is just the comments thread from the front page.

14. General_Sun

General_Sun New Member

Hi guys, about the Duel issue, patch 3355 works fine with most servers, even those that are running the latest. So downgrading shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Also to note, all these maps also work with DM. Rename the Duel moniker to DM and it'll work just as well on Melee DM. Or you can use the MapMixer mutator. That's what I'm doing now mostly.