Changing vehicle crosshairs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
How the heck do you change vehicle crosshairs? This was asked once before I think and not resolved. Hopefully somebody's figured this out by now. My vehicle crosshair is this tiny little gray pain in the ass of a bracket. I'm sure these can be changed somehow.

Anyone help? TWTW maybe? :p

edit: Thought I was in the 2K4 section. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
You probably have to H4X0Rzzz the ini file. However, since the vehicle crosshairs change (the grey bracket mean's the target's not within your firing cone) you might make matters worse by changing it, or maybe it can't change at all. The crosshairs appear to change to a green circle when the target's in the cone, but I've been able to hit things that weren't in the code, albient with weird aiming.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Oh they can change, I've seen other people with other crosshairs. I just wonder why I can't change mine. In the demo it was a big green circle with the three sets of double-lines coming off it. Now it's so timy aiming is next to impoosible. I want to get my big circle back.

How about a setting to all us to do this in the first patch there Epic? It'd be great. :)

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
My crosshairs are a big green circle when the target's in my firing arc, just like it was in the demo. What did you do?

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Not a damn thing, that's just it. I wonder what it could be here. I have all my crosshairs mapped out ther same as I had them in the demo. My vehicle crosshair is just different and I can't change it.

edit: no no no I see what you mean now... yeah I get the green circle that lets you know that the turret is on line with your crosshair. I mean when you're in something like say the scorpion. I have a tiny little grey bracket for a crosshair and I want my big green circle.

edit 2: Hold on, I think I have to get some pics to explain which big green circle I mean.

Edit 3: okay, the first pic is the crosshair it is in vehicles now. The second pic is the crosshair I WANT in vehicles. However there's no why I know to change them in vehicles.

Attachments

• crosshairnow.jpg
    crosshairnow.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 31
  • crosshairwant.jpg
    crosshairwant.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:

Oreo Twist

One BuF Cookie
Sep 13, 2001
stillwater,ok
Visit site
Nemephosis said:
Not a damn thing, that's just it. I wonder what it could be here. I have all my crosshairs mapped out ther same as I had them in the demo. My vehicle crosshair is just different and I can't change it.
QUOTE]

My vehicle hairs changed in the demo, I had to force the game to make aonther ini for me. They were all little green dots like I use for most of my weapons... I still have the ini and when I load it into the demo *poof* green dots on vehicles. I posted a few threads on here about it but nobody ever said much. So it can happen, but I have no idea how. If anyone wants said ini I will upload it.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Changing Vehicle Crosshairs: Work in progress.

Yea, I play with hidden xhairs on some of my weapons, and get that "defaulted" bracket you're getting for vehicles... I think it may be related, but I dunno. Once I start playing ONS online, I'll prolly find motivation to figure it out. At current, I had to do 0 opacity dots for stuff I don't want a crosshair on, 'cause as far as I can tell, "hidden", is borked.

[edit]Ok. I can't get rid of that white bracket1 yet. I can change the crosshair that is displayed around it. Vehicle crosshairs have a 2 part system, on crosshair texture used to tell where the center of your screen is, and a second overlay crosshair that tells you if when you fire, you will hit the center of your screen, due to distance perception offsets.

I added this --> [Onslaught.ONSHoverBike] to my user.ini, and it filled in the rest of this stuff...

[Onslaught.ONSHoverBike]
CrossHairColor=(B=255,G=0,R=255,A=255)
CrosshairX=32.000000
CrosshairY=32.000000
CrosshairTexture=Crosshairs.HUD.Crosshair_Dot
bDesiredBehindView=True
TPCamDistance=350.000000

The italicized bit it what I put in there in hopes of getting rid of the bracket. I wanted just a solo AVRiL ret, but it has the bracket in the middle as well. If you know all the summons, just replace HoverBike with the approprate vehicle, and add another section to the ini for each one. The CrosshairTexture names you can get from the User.ini if you change your own custom crosshairs. It will put the names under the appropriate weapons, if you don't feel like digging through the ed. We also now know where it keeps info on your cam distance (vehicle zoom), and the 3rd person crosshair offset. The color thing worx, but only on the overlay crosshair.

That should be enough info to get you where you want to go, I may be back to fill in more blanks when I find more motivation, but I got other things to do, and games to play.[/edit]

Last edited: