Changing Multiplayer?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

staale2

Mar 7, 2009
Hi again everyone.

Is it possible to change how muliplayer works. I want to change for example the max number of players to whatever number i want. Or may it be fixed in the .exe of the game and impossible to edit. Can you in this case use a hex editor?

But if i was able to change it, woulden't all people playing my mod also need to change it? Or when i pack up the mod for release i can include the files i changed and they would also see max players 1000 for example?

Thanks.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well let's try moving this thread to the UT3 forum then. The BeyondUnreal forum is just for things pertaining to the site itself. You might have better luck with an answer in here.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I'm pretty sure you can increase the max players beyond the normal limits, but those limits are in place for a reason- servers can't handle more than that many very well.

staale2

Mar 7, 2009
I'm pretty sure you can increase the max players beyond the normal limits, but those limits are in place for a reason- servers can't handle more than that many very well.
Ok, very cool. I just need to find the correct file to edit then. I tought you would need the licensed version to do this since you will receive all the C++ header files and full source code. I read on another forum that you are very limited to some extend without them, but how limited is limited?

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I don't think you need the engine source to change the maxplayers. I could be mistaken here though.