UE3 - UT3 Changing default weapons when spawning

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bendezium

Mar 29, 2009
Hi guys,
Is it possible to change the default weapons in a standard DM game to just the Impact Hammer?
Thanks.

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
If this is your own map, mb try setting 'default inventory' to off in map worldinfo, then kismet on spawn give the spawnee the hammer. Otherwise you'll be looking for a mutator which may or may not already exist >.<

Bendezium

Mar 29, 2009
Thanks for the reply Jetfire. I went all through the WorldInfo properties and didn't see anything about default inventory. Can you please be a little more specific?
Thanks

Bendezium

Mar 29, 2009
Hey Jetfire,
Just wanted to say thanks for the help. I was still having trouble getting it set up. When I disable start with default inventory my player starts with no weapons.

I'm right in the center of a 3 week vacation. I'll spend some more time with this when I get back.
Ben

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
Kismet has a 'give inventory' node, connect it to the playerstart 'player spawned' event and point it at who just spawned, then define what weapon classes to give them, in this case, the impact hammer.

tempus

“Do, or do not. There is no try.”
May 29, 2008
Portugal
tempus.paulo.googlepages.com
I've tried this and I was not able to make the players spawn with a rocket launcher, please somebody helps, a screenshot of the kismet sequence would be very helpful, Thanks.

BTW in the give inventory nod list theres no Impact hammer or enforcer.

tempus

“Do, or do not. There is no try.”
May 29, 2008
Portugal
tempus.paulo.googlepages.com
Hmmm I see, i have disabled the default inventory so the player spawns with no weapon but when I connect the give inventory to player spawn nothing happens.
I asked this because I am thinking on doing several maps with only one weapon and the gameplay would be based on that.

molosev

Oct 29, 2009
Lyon, France
molosev.free.fr
Easy trick,
select a spawn point in your scene, for exemple: UTTeamPlayerStart_07 and keep it selected.
Open your Kismet window, right clic in it and select "New Object Var Using UTTeamPlayerStart_07" from the drop down menu. Then the object should appear in the Kismet window.
That's it.

shaka3736

Jun 1, 2011
hey molosev,

thanks for the reply. Just thought of 2 more questions that I think you could answer. First is what if you have like 30 spawn points? (do you have to select all of them. Second is do you have to put in a spawn point for it to work because right now without it it seems to work fine. THANKYOU!!! :)