Change of country

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Hi guys. Have any of you changed country ? If so, I'd like to hear your story. How you travelled, found accomodation, made friends and got a job. Thanks.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I've travelled a lot through the Indian sub-continent and South east Asia over the years. Backpacking and guest-houses always worked for me. Get on local buses and meet local people; do what the local people do.

The whole "let's get on a tour group" mentality sucks for me. Put me on my own in another country by myself and it's a great opportunity to meet both local b people and other backpacking travellers............

Reactions: JohnDoe641

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
yeah i have moved a bunch.
aged 13 moved from the UK to FR with my parents in 1997, went through school in FR etc... then lived in Canada for a year and a half in 2006... then back to FR...
in 2008 a cool chick clicked on me on facebook so I moved to Hungary... we're married now. s'all good.

My secret: Beer & Metal \m/

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
yeah i have moved a bunch.
aged 13 moved from the UK to FR with my parents in 1997

Interesting. I moved with my parents age 13 too. Would have preferred France to Belgium.

So how was your move ? You speak Hungarian I suppose. Did you just pack some bags and fly over there ? How about getting a job and stuff ?