1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Carousel - Short movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by B, May 20, 2009.

1. B

B Bee

Anyone seen this? It's a promotional movie for the new 21:9 LCD tv from Philips.

You can watch it here: http://www.cinema.philips.com/ and the making of is here.
    This stuff is made of awesome!

2. Nines

Nines With Rage Alive

Quite awesome, indeed. :eek:

3. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

2 Things:

The stands on the director scene (the guy getting kicked by the glass), you can notice them, then you can't really figure out the ones with the clown-over-cop from above that. At least I couldn't figure how they hold up like that now that I know how it was done basically

And how the scene is not really making any sense with the police/robbers emplacement. I know I'm a bit picky, but still.. :p

It's great, but could have been a little better. But the way it loops back is well thought out.

4. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

It's an awesome loop. Now if it only were atleast 720p :)

5. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

so, instead of using the "zoom" or "wide zoom" button on most 16:9 tv's, they want you to buy a whole new set?

ok.

6. anaemic

anaemic she touch your penis?

zoom buttons cut information out of your frame, and make the image you're watching upscaled for your hdtv, get upscaled again for bad aspect ratio.

to be honest, normal tv used to be 4:3, nowadays its 16:9 and now they act like the future is 21:9, none of which are standard cinema aspects, therefore i dont get the point, as films on disk will always be a different ratio.

I've always and will always prefer watching something with letterboxing than with pillarboxing, so i cant see how this is going to surpass 'ooh thats pretty' and move towards revolutionary