1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Can't log on admin mode in my server

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by fronjohn, Aug 19, 2010.

1. fronjohn

fronjohn New Member

For some reason i cant log in admin mode in my server ,i put on the CORRECT pass from my ut2k4ini admin password area, and when i try it in my dedicated server it just says nothing when i enter it each time, im using batch file to run my server as well. Any help guys? :(

2. fronjohn

fronjohn New Member

Anyone has to have gotten the same problem i had :(??

3. Al

Al Reaper

Are you typing adminlogin yourpassword into the console?

4. fronjohn

fronjohn New Member

ya i type EX:adminlogin berry and all i see after i type it is a blank line

5. ~Psycho~

~Psycho~ Member

I'm just learning about this stuff. I launched my first dedicated server via command line a minute ago.

Well I joined it on my local network, and logged in as admin, but here is my question:

What is the point of adding the "?AdminName=XXXX?" part, when you don't need to type it in anyway? I just used 'adminlogin (password)' - it never asks for a name...

6. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

That's because you only use the basic access control version. There's also an advanced access control that allows you to create multiple account with different user names, passwords and access privileges.

7. ~Psycho~

~Psycho~ Member

Oh, so can I just leave the "?AdminName=XXXX?" bit out then?

8. fronjohn

fronjohn New Member

Well heres my UT2k4 ini part of admin pass is at

[Engine.AccessControl]
    AdminPassword=testerpass
    GamePassword=
    bBanByID=True
    LoginDelaySeconds=1.000000
    IPPolicies=ACCEPT;*

And heres my bat run server pass

AdminName=testernamex?AdminPassword=testerpassx ini=UT2004.ini

What is there else i goto do to make it so i can login cause i type the name in consel correctly like for this example: adminlogin testerpass and a blank line shows up wat the freak does that mean?

9. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

Which AccessControlClass is configured under [Engine.GameInfo]? If it's XAdmin.AccessControlIni, it will ignore the AdminPassword entry under [Engine.AccessControl] and instead require one of the user name + password combinations from XAdmin.ini.

10. fronjohn

fronjohn New Member

so i should erase the part at Accesscontrolclass=Xadmin.accesscontrolini at xadmin.accessconrtrolini rite so it will enable the accesscontrol pass cause its got Xadmin.accescontrolini with access control class in game info, after what do i have to put on accessconrtrolclass=, so that AccessControl can work?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  11. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Probably the simplest way to do it is to configure the server passwords through the webadmin....then you don't need to worry where the item is in the config file.

12. fronjohn

fronjohn New Member

Well u cant only the groups witch use xadmin system, i just figured it out that i had to swicth XAdmin.AccessControlIni for the accesscontrolclass and change it to Engine.AccessControl