1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

can't get m16a4 mutator to work

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ovw, Jun 27, 2004.

1. ovw

ovw New Member

Sorry guys, no dice.

I have attached a copy of my infiltrationx.log file hopefully it will help. Someone earlier stated that my .ini files are ONLY supposed to be in the UT/system folder? Would it help if I got rid of the others that fill my root UT/ folder?

OVW

Attached Files:

2. ovw

ovw New Member

Had to reinstall. INF would not start up after I moved the .ini files around. This time I have made myself a cd of 2.9 mac installer. Any ideas why this doesn't work?

OVW

3. MP_Duke

MP_Duke Banned

It looks like you're having failures finding functions in INF_Core, which is really bad...
    What are the mutators that you can actually run?

4. ovw

ovw New Member

the mutators I have up are the .50 fix, yurch's newnades, and the new nade approved bullet sounds. I get the puffy black clouds of the new nades, and I hear bullet fly by sounds, but haven't had a chance to test the .50. Oh...also have the m16a4 and xm8 mutators, but they don't work (obviously).

OVW

5. MP_Duke

MP_Duke Banned

Anyone on a mac who can get these weapons working?
    This is why mac + games = lose

6. Jackotopolus

Jackotopolus New Member

Hmm, I'm having problems too.

I can see the mutators (selected them), and can see the M16A4 / XM8 in the loadout menu (I made a couple of new loadouts with them), but they don't show up in the character / team menu image of my character, and they don't appear in-game.

I'm also running OS X, inf 2.9 - Done everything suggested so far, but no joy.

7. Jackotopolus

Jackotopolus New Member

Just thought I'd let you know it's working now. No idea what I did to make it work.

The XM8 is pretty damn deadly, and those incend. rounds are awesome!

Cheers.

8. ovw

ovw New Member

Hi Jack,

did you modify your inf.core file in anyway? Did you dl the one from combatmaps.de or are you just using the one that came with the mac installer? I would almost ask you to post your but the file is just too darned big.

Thanks,

OVW

9. Jackotopolus

Jackotopolus New Member

I downloaded the PC files one before I downloaded this mod. I couldn't log on online, so I had to do it.

Sorry I can't be more specific on what got it working.

10. ovw

ovw New Member

YAY! I got the mutators to work!!! Thanks ALL! But now there is a new weirdness. The mutators work fine IF I swap out the 'pc files' mentioned above with files in my infiltration/system folder not the UT/system folder. Is this correct? Because when I do this I have NO maps, not even the shooting range. Which makes testing the new weapons kinda tricky. The only file I've swapped is the inf.core file should I change all of them?

Thanks for any help.

OVW

11. Cleeus[JgKdo]

Cleeus[JgKdo] because respawns suck

You can swap all files without any risk.

I think i have to update the mini-tutorial.

12. ovw

ovw New Member

Ok...Things are getting a little bit better. I now have loadouts AND maps, but when I launch a map using the new loadouts (m16a4, or xm8) all I have is the knife.

Thanks, again.

OVW

13. ovw

ovw New Member

IT WORKS!!! I removed the old bullet sounds mutator (it wasn't turned on so I didn't even think of it) and everything works!

Thanks everyone for all you help, esp Duke for such fabulous toys, even if you don't like macs.

OVW