1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

can't get m16a4 mutator to work

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ovw, Jun 27, 2004.

1. ovw

ovw New Member

Hi All,

I just dl'd a couple of mutators: m16a4, xm8, and newnades. I can see the mutators in the mutator list and have actually selected them, but I cannot find any loadouts or even a listing for these weapons in the loadout screen. I placed the files in the unreal/system folder per instructions, but nothing. I only post this because I have now spent most of two hours trying to get them to work. I even added the 'serverpackage' lines.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

OVW

2. Bushwack

Bushwack Avenged Sevenfold...

they should be in there, what files did you actually put in the UT/SYSTEM folders? There should be 3 files for each mutator, .int, .u, .ini

XM8, and M16A4 will be in ASSAULT RIFLES in your loadout creation menu, the new nades should show under EXPLOSIVE DEVICES/PROJECTORS as a type of 40mm to add to your loadout.
    Hope that helps.

3. ovw

ovw New Member

Yup, placed all 3 files into ut/system folder. The nades showed up but not the rifles.

Thanks,

OVW

4. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

Just a note: You don't need the .ini file. The .ini files for mutators are only for enabling/disabling different features of the mutie.

To use the mutator you need the .u file
    To see the mutator in your mutator list and loadout screen you need the .int file.

Make sure they are in the UT/System and NOT the UT/Infiltration/System folder.

5. Cleeus[JgKdo]

Cleeus[JgKdo] because respawns suck

incase noone noticed, the m16a4 has an ugly package dependancie to yurchs new40mm package. you need to install this too.

6. ovw

ovw New Member

Yeah saw that...a bit tricky, but I have all of these things. Does it matter that I am on a mac, running osx? I saw that they refered to serverpackages is adding that mandatory? What I am going to do now is test those new nades to make certain that they work. As of this morning still no m16a4. Once the mutator is activated this will appear in the loadout screen correct? Right there with the other assault rifles?

Thanks to all,

7. ovw

ovw New Member

Okay, what does this mean. I just tried using the new nades. Are the victims of the incindiery nades supposed to burn? They didn't. How can you tell if the bouncing nade bounces? I mean they worked in that I killed a BUNCH o' people but I couldn't tell if they worked right. And no, I still don't have either the m16a4 or the xm8.

ovw

8. Cleeus[JgKdo]

you only have to have the file "new40mm.u" in your /ut/System/ folder - nothing else needed.

9. ovw

ovw New Member

ok...I have in my ut/system folder these files:

infm16a4.ini
    infm16a4.int
    infm16a4.u

with them are these:

dukexm8.ini
    dukexm8.int
    dukexm.u

and finally

new40mm.int
    new40mm.u

is this all that I need?

Thanks again for all your help,

10. Cleeus[JgKdo]

afaik, yes it is.

11. mat69

mat69 just fooling around

Ok, then you should try editing your INF_Loadouts.ini by hand, maybe it will work.
    This will give you a M16A4 with some other stuff (replace the XX with the next "blank" loadout-number):
    ItemString[XX]=M16A4//M16A4-1,#M16A4sup-1,#M16A4203-1,*M16A4-5,*M203A4-2,+M67-1,KHELM-1,AVL3A-1,

Maybe someone is going to post other loadouts, if not I am doing it this evening.

12. ovw

ovw New Member

hmmm...how many copies of INF_loadouts.ini should I have and where should they be? I have one in UT/system and another in main UT folder.

OVW

13. Cleeus[JgKdo]

hmm, only one in UT/System/

If you have one in UT/ then its either a backup you did yourself or you maybe don't run INF correctly

14. ovw

ovw New Member

What does this mean, I got it from my infiltrationx.log. I was going to post all of it but there is quite a bit. One for each part of both the M16a4 and the xm8:

Warning: Failed to load 'Class INFM16A4.INFM16A4': Can't find Function in file 'Function INF_Core.INFc_Weapon.CheckIcon'

Thanks again,

OVW

15. Cleeus[JgKdo]

uhm, which version of INFiltration do you have?

weapon addons only work with INF2.9

If you already have INF2.9 then maybe the INF_Core package is damaged

16. mat69

mat69 just fooling around

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  17. =D.C.L.I=Snipez

=D.C.L.I=Snipez New Member

I know a mac user who always needs to update the files available at combatmaps. If you have a mac it is essential to get it instead of reinstalling INF 100 times.

18. MP_Duke

MP_Duke Banned

If you're on a unix-based system, make sure you rename the files to look like this:
    INFM16A4.ini
    INFM16A4.int
    INFM16A4.u

unix is case-sensitive.

19. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

It does actually do a case-insensitive search for packages it can't find, but the essential one you set the extension to lowercase is the int.

20. ovw

ovw New Member

Wow! This is great, I'm getting better tech support here (for a free game) than I did when I paid $50 for baldur's gate! As I've said numerous times you guys (inf team and the inf'ers) rock!

Just dl'd files (from post above) will try them out and let you know the outcome.

Thanks all!

OVW