Can't connect to Xplod Psytex TDM server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Josnake

Jul 7, 2009
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hey Hi,

Im am new at this, and also I want to play with peoples at Infiltration in Psytex mode... Unfortunatly(sorry my english is bad lol), When I am trying to connect at the Xplod Psytex TDm server in Psytex infiltration, It look like it dont gonna connect to that server... and If I use the Infiltration without Psytex, and I try to connect at this same server, is tell me Package INF_assets version Mismatch

I saw that The psytex mode have problem to connect to a server or something like that... I try infiltrationspy, but that programme only want to work with the infiltration without Psytex... I have a little headache just for that lol.... How can I play connect to a server with psytex ?

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Uhm, there's no difference I would know of between joining a PsyTex and a non-PsyTex server; you can't join a PsyTex server with regular Inf and vice-versa, due to core files being different (ending up in a version mismatch).

Are you sure the TDM server was up and running? XploD server has three variations (TDM, COOP, DTAS) and only one can be running at one time. What's the message you get when you don't connect? Or does it simply not connect? Do you see the server with plausble ping in the server browser?

BTW there is a troubleshooting section which is intended for such posts - I highly doubt our moderator would be able to move this single post to a new thread in that section though :D

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Yeah, blame it on the "forum", or better yet "gremlins", or better yet "acts of god"..

But on a more serious sidenote I actually AM impressed you were able to move this at all..

I still think we need a second mod :D

Don't take it personal..

Mar 5, 2003
Germany
Visit site
The Inf_Assets missmatchs says that you tried to enter the server with a 'normal' Infiltration version. Could u connect to a server without Psytex? P-Server is without Psytex but the server is only sometimes online...

Which is your language? Perhaps someone speaks it to explain the problem...

Josnake

Jul 7, 2009
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hey wassup guys. Look, I run Inf with Psytex. Then I connect to the server Xplod Psytex TDM Server. And after those little downloads, they come to me with that message : Connection failed Package INF_assets version Mismatch. Do I got to edit a files or something like ? I live in Canada, Im Speak french,spanish and not so bad with english.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
That's odd, INF_Assets is a core file and therefore the error would indicate you're NOT using PsyTex. Are you absolutely sure you started PsyTex? You need a different shortcut for it than standard Inf - do the modified textures show when playing single player?

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
You need to start Infiltration with the shortcut installed with psytex (read my previous reply to this thread), else you will get the INF_Assets missmatch.

--

Tu dois démarrer Infiltration avec le raccourci créé par psytex. Si tu ne démarre pas INF avec ce raccourci, tu vas avoir un missmatch avec le fichier INF_Assets.

En résumé, après avoir installé Psytex, tu dois rouller le script ...\UnrealTournament\PsyTex\setup.bat la première fois. Ensuite tu dois démarrer INF avec ...\UnrealTournament\PsyTex\psytex.bat.

Josnake

Jul 7, 2009
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I dont understand because I am really running infiltration with Psytex( I can clearly see the difference) and its always telling to me the same error. Listen, I will uninstall it and reinstall. maybe I will work

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
what operating system do you use, do you have the right shortcut for that os. (SH for linux, BAT for windows).
got any other problems while starting inf ?, like with the CE you can have troubles with the open AL sound driver on some PCs, wich you have to change to galaxy audio after a fresh install without that AL driver installed.
INF seems to have alot of features :D

Last edited:

Josnake

Jul 7, 2009
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hey GUys!!! I already Made it XD. My Problem was that I have not installed manualy the psytex on my Windos Vista :) . Now, I can connect and play vs you guys XD. When I was connected, I saw that the game was a little bit lagging...(Maybe cuz I am on wireless connection, but Its also have a good connection