1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Can you modify the existing UT2k3 weapon models?

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by Euphoric Beaver, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Euphoric Beaver

Euphoric Beaver impeccably groomed

I haven't much experience of modelling and exporting/importing the weapon models but I want to modify the LinkGun as it looks spiffy as an AssualtRifle. Anyway, I want to add a scope and extend the barrel a lil more, is this even possible?

2. is0s

is0s :: modeler-skinner-animator ::

I don't think it is, not unless you can get hold of the original ut2003 wepaon models and anims, you would then have to re-import everything after making whatever changes to the original model.

3. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

I agree with isos.

I kinda suppose you could attach something through code if your good. you'd still need the scope model mesh w/mounting bracket(plus texture) assuming its even possible to do that for a 1st person model.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher [SAS Mod]

If you were to modify an exisiting weapon it would need to be re-unwrapped, skinned, animated, and imported. A lot of pain for just a modification.

5. is0s

is0s :: modeler-skinner-animator ::

ummm.... not really, if you was going to add a scope for example, i would just give it it's own maps and texture (512x512) then attach it to the main model, making sure the bone influence is edited to include the new attachment, all u would have to do then is import the new model and u could apply all the existing anim becuase the bone setup would be the same!

6. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

It wont be simple whichever road you choose.
    The human 3dmax models were released, but I havent heard of the guns or any others comming out yet.

7. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

No they haven't been released. You can place a weapon as an xPawn then convert to a Smesh and export that, but you'd have to re-rig it (1st and 3rd person versions) yourself.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher [SAS Mod]

Sorry my bad :p