UE1 - UT Can you have bases in domination

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Eyuva 'S' NRG

dont mess with the toilet monster
Apr 27, 2000
Toilet
Visit site
Is there a way to set the playerstart teams in Domination like in CTF? I'd like to create Domination with bases, and two teams would face off for control of the center, like a metaphorical chess match.

I tried this, but the people still spawned on any old spawnpoint.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The line "bSpawnInTeamArea=True" in defaultproperties would change the behavior. Try creating a subclass of Actor >> Info in package "MyLevel", call it "TeamAreaSpawner" and paste the following code:
Code:
class TeamAreaSpawner extends Info;

function BeginPlay()
{
  if (Domination(Level.Game) != None)
    Domination(Level.Game).bSpawnInTeamArea = True;
}
Click the "Compile Changed Scripts" button and place an instance of your new actor anywhere in the map. Save the map and playtest. Player should now spawn only on start spots of their specific team.

Eyuva 'S' NRG

Apr 27, 2000
Toilet
Visit site
Thank you Wormbo, it worked.

I have a question though, can most scripts be made in mylevel like this?

That was way simpler than using notepad to code and exporting the entire .uc system and then recompiling the code.

I don't even need a .u file for this either since it's embedded in MyLevel. Interesting.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
You can use a mutator to change that property in the gametype and embed the mutator into your map.

Check out the UnrealWiki site which is in Wormbo's signature and search for Changing_The_Enforcer_(UT) which has a tutorial and the script on how to embed a mutator in a map.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
I have a question though, can most scripts be made in mylevel like this?
To answer this question in case he wanted to know, if a mutator can be saved in a map as well since a few people have asked about it before.

Also, in case He wanted to change the default weapon or use any of the other features that a mutator can provide. Besides, I do like to drop-in a few extra stuff into my maps to make them a bit different and I always do that with a mutator, I just let him know about it before he asks. ;)

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
After even your original script does not work I noted that problem I had a long timer ago:
if you copy text from textfiles or forums or whatever in the script window (for myLevel), it can be possible that the sh1t does not work :/
I bet I have to do it over the longer way to make it work (external u file > then myleveling)

Edit: No I was wrong, it still does not work Oo .. well in that way the script does not work, compiling is possible.

Last edited:

Eyuva 'S' NRG

Apr 27, 2000
Toilet
Visit site
After even your original script does not work I noted that problem I had a long timer ago:
if you copy text from textfiles or forums or whatever in the script window (for myLevel), it can be possible that the sh1t does not work :/
I bet I have to do it over the longer way to make it work (external u file > then myleveling)

Edit: No I was wrong, it still does not work Oo .. well in that way the script does not work, compiling is possible.

I got the script to work for TeamDeathMatch using TeamGamePlus. I created a simple test map with two teams on opposing sides of a river.

It took some haggling with the editor. For example player starts for team 1 should be set to 0, then 1,2,3 for the next teams.

You might also want to change the default game type to TeamGamePlus.

None the less, I verified this with an independant load of UT. It works. Each team was on *THEIR* side of the river. The only time someone got booted to the other side was due to a redeemer bounce from a fellow teammate. (I threw in some weapons to make the testing, more, ahem, enjoyable)