1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Can someone make a weapon for me?

Discussion in 'Mod/Mutator Ideas' started by Shadow]I[, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Shadow]I[

Shadow]I[ New Member

ok this would sound kinda n00bish but, i need a instagib minigun that shoots redeemer explosion bullets and can scope :D

so be exact here are the changes it should have (its a shock rifle)

The weapon model should be the Shock Rifle
    The weapon model size should be 2 times bigger (draw scale)
    When you pick up the weapon it says "You got the Ultimate Sniper Deemer" (color of that name should be blue)
    The weapon fires very fast, 0.1
    The Primary Fire should fire shock rifle blue strait beams, and when they hit a wall a redeemer explosion is there
    The Secondary Fire is a Scope (from sniper rifle)
    The shooting range should be like 100,000 so it can shoot from a very very far distance
    The weapon should come with 20/20 ammo (dont make any pickup ammo tho)
    The fire sound should be the sound from when you shoot the redeemer
    The pickup sound should be when you pickup a redeemer
    If you hit someone directly with the sniper deemer, it should just do 1000 damage not the explosion
    oh and you dont need to make a mutator of it, i just need to put the .u into my map

So basicaly alter the shockrifle.. :) (as in above)

gl guys i really hope someone that knows how to script could do this :tup:

2. Master Roshi

Master Roshi Troll

No No do the mutater because I want it too.

3. Pxtl

Pxtl Lord of the Files

You're an evil bastard. You're going to hide it in your map in a bizarre place where only you can find it.

IMHO, that weapons stupid for any reasonable play - that many deemer explosions will a) lag out the system ludicrously and b) make the whole map inhospitable with explosions.

There are responsible levels of excessiveness. This isn't among them. Make it a normal shock-combo explosion instead of a 'deemer explosion and I might join you then tho.

BTW, I hate to tell you, but 20 shots with 0.1 rate is 2 seconds.

4. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

Do you know what 10 redeemer explosions a second will do to frame rates? Now multiply this by the number of players in the map and you can see why this is not really a good idea. I have an XP2400 with 512 MB DDR RAM and even this thing would choke on that and die.

5. Shadow]I[

Shadow]I[ New Member

hmm maybe lower it down to 0.2 or 0.3

cmon anyone? i really need this mutator fast

6. Sleepy_the_Jackal

Sleepy_the_Jackal New Member

You can use Weapon Stuff to create the desired firing effects. It's just a matter of then copying the Shock Rifle model into a new weapon.

7. }{ero /\/\ata

}{ero /\/\ata Mecha-Master

The Weaponer mutator for UT has a weapon called The Destroyer. it's just like what u a asking for, but without the scoop, instead the alt fire shoots the redeemer missle