1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Can I make a game with UnrealEngineRuntime? THE ANSWER IS NO!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [SAS]Solid Snake, Oct 4, 2005.

1. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

Right I'm getting sick of answering this question time and time again. The answer is NO. Read the EULA for these kinds of things.

[SCREENSHOT]http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/365/nomeansno3ko.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

2. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

Well technically you can, you just can't release it to anyone. I haven't checked, but I'm sure there's schools out there that use the Runtime to teach game design by making a game. :)

3. [SAS]Solid Snake

Ahh yes but that is for educational reasons, which was the purpose of UERuntime. So far all the questions regarding this matter have asked "Can I make a non-commercial game for release to the public, because of x reason".

4. Khal Shariff

Khal Shariff New Member

Hey angel, I have a question. I want to use UnRuntime to make a simulator.

Are there vehicles and characters built in. This is for educational purposes.

(keeping in mind I know how to skin and use maya to make a vehicle (and have) for Unreal)

5. Khal Shariff

Khal Shariff New Member

Solid, the license clearly states you can make software for group purposes; ie educational.
    I think you are being a little overbearing and misinforming people. The license is quite clear that for educational purposes and not single-purchase retail you can make whatever you want. Comprende? Sorry for sounding overbearing myself, but you should really go and read the license again. If I hadn't myself, I would have been discouraged and run away, quivering under the bed for a lack of $8,000, when really there's no better way to get a game started.

I can worry about the $350,000 later, and so can the other kiddies, you know?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2005
  6. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

The basics of vehicle support is built in (SVehicle and the factory that goes with it), you can expand off of that.

7. [SAS]Solid Snake

I already pointed this out in my second post.

8. BITE_ME

BITE_ME Bye-Bye

So I could use it to:

A. Make a movie (But sell no tickets, or make people pay to see it)

B. Make a game that only I could play, and no one else.

C. Use it as a video/game resume.

9. 3d_man

3d_man New Member

What I understand from the EULA is that you can use the Runtime for educational and non-commercial applications and simulations. You just can't go out and sell it to the general public.

10. Davok`xarden

Davok`xarden New Member

But You can make a game with unreal-engine. You only must find 350.000 people who want to make a game to (like people in this forum).This is then a new game-studio. Then everybody must pay 1$. So you can lisence unreal-engine 3, make games with it and puplic them.

11. doddods

doddods New Member

Mac demo version

Hi all!

Anyone know where can i download a demo version of runtime for MAC?? :rolleyes:

Thank you

12. Khal Shariff

Khal Shariff New Member

You can't get a MAC runtime.
    BTW I do have a runtime license.
    My good partners have a 2.5 (2004 licence) and a 3.0 License.
    The best thing you can do is quick! Buy an UT2004 for Mac and make your stuff in that.
    I did it works awesomely.

13. doddods

doddods New Member

i think i xpres my self wrong but what i want is a demo version... its for study develop games. i start my class yesterday and didnt found a demo version for study i even dont know if it really exist cuz in my class we all do it on demo versions but its on pcs...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  14. doddods

doddods New Member

and im sorry for my bad english

15. Khal Shariff

Khal Shariff New Member

A demo version for Mac of Unreal Runtime? No it doesn't exist.

My friends and I did a demo on Mac and PC at the same time using UT2004. You can make a self-running mod very legally with 2004 Unreal and it is encouraged.

We did a whole aboriginal world in UT2004 as a mod that runs as VR in a museum. The mod lets you customize the look - it's all good.

No problemo on the English. ;)

16. doddods

doddods New Member

I really appreciate your attetion and its really clear for me now, and thank you for saving me to waste my time searching this software.

The problem is: we are learnig the runtime now and... i need to study, but i cant do it on my mac... i think im in trouble... =/