1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Can demo players join...

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by Game_Master001, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Game_Master001

Game_Master001 New Member

Can demo players join a server created by a bought copy of UT2004, provided the maps in the server rotation are demo-only maps and there are no mutators, or do I have to get the demo myself too? (or the dedicated server, but since I want to join the game too, I'll make a listen server of course).

2. KaL976

KaL976 *nubcake*

I'm not sure but I doubt it.

3. [xX]Raj`

[xX]Raj` Evil Jar

No.

Demo players can only play on servers up to v3334.

4. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

If you have the original UT2004 unpatched, then they can join it?

5. Scuzzbuster

Scuzzbuster It's Crunchy. It's Nice.

No, they can't. Full version can join demos, not the other way around. If there's a way around it, I don't know of any.

6. Game_Master001

Game_Master001 New Member

Thanks, that's too bad, guess I'll have to download the demo then for that purpose.
    Bad move if you ask me, removing a feature when you buy the game. It's not like that move reduces the number of demo servers (so it also doesn't increase the number of people buying the game. Even an 8-year old can see that). Oh well...

7. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

You're lucky that UT2004 demo and retail are compatible at all. On UT1, the demo and retail version are totally incompatible either way. Some suspect that Epic introduced this possibility to attract demo players onto retail servers and avoid a demo community building up like it did on the original UT and Q3.