Campaign

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

B-Z

Dec 23, 2008
How would you make a Singe player map pack, or campaign? I do understand how to make a single player map, but not a whole campaign. Is there any tutorials or something on that?

KurtonTheMagician

Jun 5, 2008
In UT '99?

There should be a class (I think it extends Object) in the OldSkool package, I believe it's called 'mappack', and has all the Default Properties for 'packing' your SP maps into a campaign playable through 'New Singleplayer game'. Like, you can change the splash logo, the title, all kinds o' stuff.

I haven't used the Ed in a while, I'm not sure all of what I'm saying is accurate. Just check it out for yourself, you'll see what I mean.

B-Z

Dec 23, 2008
I did find the 'mappack' class, but I don't think I completely understand, do I just make a U package that has the name of the campaign in there? Then how do I 'pack' the SP maps to the campaign?

KurtonTheMagician

Jun 5, 2008
I did find the 'mappack' class, but I don't think I completely understand, do I just make a U package that has the name of the campaign in there? Then how do I 'pack' the SP maps to the campaign?

Make a class that extends mappack (might wanna name it something close to your campaign's title), then fill out all the DefaultProperties info you need. (That includes 'packing' your maps into a single list, so your campaign's maps won't be shown under 'Custom Maps')

B-Z

Dec 23, 2008
Make a class that extends mappack (might wanna name it something close to your campaign's title), then fill out all the DefaultProperties info you need. (That includes 'packing' your maps into a single list, so your campaign's maps won't be shown under 'Custom Maps')

I'm sorry for bugging you this much but I don't seem to understand :( I did make a class that extends mappack, I got stuck at the part where you said to fill out all the default properties, where do I fill it out, or where do I go to to fill it out?

Last edited:

KurtonTheMagician

Jun 5, 2008
I'm sorry for bugging you this much but I don't seem to understand :( I did make a class that extends mappack, I got stuck at the part where you said to fill out all the default properties, where do I fill it out, or where do I go to to fill it out?

Right-click your extended class, open DefaultProperties, then look for the +mappack bar and expand that. I'm not sure of the exact subcontents, but it should be in there somewhere. I don't have access to a PC right now, otherwise I'd post some screenshots.