1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Calling All Coders!

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by LifesBane(4Corners), Jun 25, 2001.

1. BrownCow

BrownCow I Heart Gnat.

hrm.. well that whole "ignore" line is odd. I wouldn't have done it that way, but oh well.

I dunno how many code files there are. If you could like, copy and paste all the code into text files and send them to me i can look much much more closly at it. I dunno how many code files there are, if it isn't a chore then taht would be cool.

If you did this don't copy and paste all the code into 1 txt file. Name them the name you got them from so i am not lost.

I could then look at it and tell you how to fix it. My brother made an aimbot that was pretty advanced in bout 10 min from never looking at utscript before. He says it is extreamly basic and easy to use stuff. So i'm sure i will be able to fire it out :)

-cow

2. LifesBane(4Corners)

LifesBane(4Corners) Active Member

I shall do that :)

I'll also copy over a few other base Unreal scripts that seem to be related (some spectator stuff) if you would like me to.

3. DeadEyeNick

DeadEyeNick New Member

Hey Life,
    Send a copy to me too. My Lecturer happens to be an Unreal guy himself, and codes ain't a problem to him. Maybe I could ask for his assistance.
    I'm still pretty new to these script but I see what I can do.
    Drop me an e-mail.

4. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

Ive only been playing inf since 283... can some1 tell me the difference between 26 en 285? cuz I have no idea why 26 should be more fun...

5. THE_KABEL

THE_KABEL New Member

I have no sence off solving this prob, but i am behind LB.
    Who made this mod....
    Can he/she be contacted...
    Can she/he make more then this make this cheat dissapear....
    ?????????

Help the 2.6 communaty aswell.
    Its the past that has brought us the future!!!!!

6. Aequi

Aequi ballistically challenged

...maybe i'm being silly, but this 2.6 bug does not exist in 2.8, now unless the major difference between 2.6 and 2.8 are hidden in the code sections you are looking at, why not just copy the 2.8 code??

Just checking that this is not the solution that is so simple that everyone overlooked it, it don't sound like the major gameplay differences between 2.6 and 2.8 is located in the areas where your looking for the problem.

*crawls back in his hole*

7. LifesBane(4Corners)

I doubt it'd work, for a couple reasons.

1) There are many new classes built into the UT engine that weren't in Unreal 1, and I've noticed many scripts use these...

2) INF 2.6 is pretty much a whole other game, so there probably would be differences

But thanks for the try!

8. Shambler[sixpack]

Shambler[sixpack] New Member

Damnit I'm near fixing this thing but I can't get the friggin compiler to recognise my code!!!
    What I tried was putting a new line of code at the end of INFIL_standoffgame called
    checkspectatorfeigndeath
    bit like this

function CheckSpectatorFeignDeath()
    {
    if ( Spectator(Other) == FeignDeath)
    {
    Spectator(Other).Destroy ;
    }
    }

but it just won't compile!! can some1 please tell me why?

-Shambler[sixpack]

9. BrownCow

BrownCow I Heart Gnat.

I'm assuming FeignDeath is a variable and Destroy is a method(function). So you'd need () after Destroy to make it execute anything. And If FeignDeath is just a string you'd need quotes around it "FeignDeath".. I take that back because you couldn't call "Destroy" on a function that returned a string.... maybe you are looking more towards this:

<pre width=80>
    function CheckSpectatorFeignDeath()
    {
    if ( Other.Spectator() == true && Other.FeignDeath() == true )
    {
    Other.Destroy();
    }
    }
    </pre>

I'm assuming Other is the player and FeignDeath and Spectator are functions to return a boolean.

Then Destroy would kill the player?

I'd really have to see what spectator does and whatnot, but as far as the base logic, that is how you'd do it :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2001
  10. Shambler[sixpack]

Shambler[sixpack] New Member

11. The Screwdriver

The Screwdriver New Member

I LOVE INF 2,6 if all the kool INF servers are gone i will kill myself.

i also play inf everyday 2 hours a day probably, so if you guys shut the servers off i am soooooo bored just like today when nordic is passworded"!!!!! NOCKE play the match on a other server !! :)

i hope the INF2,6 community stays alive 4 many centuries.

Good Luck and Strenght to all.

ScrewDriver Of The Respected INF 2,6 Community

12. LifesBane(4Corners)

Daddybone looks to be testing it soon...
    If it works....
    THANKS ALL! :)

13. barrett

barrett New Member

THE Unreal1, Inf. 26 server.... HEY!

Hi All!

I've enjoyed this string a lot because it shows some recent concern for the 'old' version of Infiltration, made for Unreal1. Some mention was made earlier, however, to the SOB servers and the fact that they went down and Inf for Unreal1 was no longer being served... that's simply NOT true!!!!

I've been running INFILTRATION Deathmatches, an Unreal1 Inf server, since long before the SOB servers even began, and we're still running to this day! (We started it up during the fall of 1998.) Of course, it's dedicated to the Deathmatch style of play instead of team play. It's packed out every day and is still attracting new players. We've considered switching over to UT, but there are still SO many people who love Unreal1 Inf, that we just can't make the move. We have superior bandwidth, because the server is located on a major state university campus, and we could have more servers running if we could just get more machines to run them on (hint hint! Lemme know if you'd like to donate!).

So, if you're looking for your fix, and you havn't found us before, come play on our server sometime! It's located at 128.163.147.191.

I also run two small companion servers that are set up to help our players pick custom skins from about 80 choices! They're called 'The BCR Lobby', and you join them and run through them by yourself. You'll see mannequins set up, each with a different skin. Just 'run into' the one you like, and you'll be restarted in the Lobby wearing that skin! Then, when you're ready to join our game server, just run through the big portal, and you'll be sent there automatically! You can find the Lobby on your server lists, or go there automatically:
    For version 225f of Unreal: 128.163.147.191:7789
    For 226f and Gold: 128.163.157.127:7789

For tons of info and pics of our players, feel free to visit our website at: http://www.geocities.com/bcrunreal

thanks!
    Brutal *BCRM*