1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Call to Arms: UT2004 vs. Battlefield Vietnam

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by RaptoR, Mar 3, 2004.

1. RaptoR

RaptoR been here far too long

GameSpy's latest Grudge asks whether you're more excited about UT2004, or Battlefield Vietnam. 'nuff said... go vote for UT2004 or we'll set Yellow5's monkey army loose.

2. Yellow5

Yellow5 Guest

/me fires up the troops!

3. Beelzebud (Satanas)

Beelzebud (Satanas) New Member

I played a little BF 1942 a few months back.

I hope Battlefield Vietnam is very popular, and keeps all those idiots I found while playing BF right where they are. :)

4. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

UT2004 is ahead 53% to 47% with over 7000 votes in. :tup:

5. SanitysEdge

SanitysEdge Aspiring Astrophysicist

BattleFeild 1942 is a good game, it just the people playing it that make it suck.

6. Yellow5

Yellow5 Guest

I've got both on pre-order. :)

The Monkey Army is ready for duty.

7. Juguard

Juguard The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!

looks like UT2004 is winning. :)

8. Rooster

Rooster Local Legend

Both on preorder, but I'll likely be playing a LOT more BF:V.. especially if they port over Desert Combat.

To me, BF'42/DC is just more fun.. even than UT2004 (demo). (I'm a pilot at heart, so of course DC just beckons me!)

9. SimplyCosmic

SimplyCosmic ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.

Personally, both games will be worth their purchase price, and I in fact have the pre-order receipts for both taped to my monitor. It's a bit disconcerting to have the "either/or" arguments rear their ugly heads, especially in light of how both games fill very different FPS roles, and in fact compliment each other in terms of being on opposite ends of the spectrum in many ways.

However, right now I'm going to have to give BF:V the edge for the simple fact that the development team is actually going to make their release date. It's human nature, I suppose, but I'm going to be more excited by that which I'll get first.

Also, I really don't like the whole "when it's done" deal. Give me a timeframe, at least.

10. |SCK|Delta

|SCK|Delta Guest

death from above

You not the only one, i love Desertcombat, in a DC clan my self, also a 03/04 Ut clan also, but my DC game doesnt wabt to connect to servers so **** out oof luck there, but hopefully BFV will fix that, and yes im a pilot at heart to i love my apache and littlebird

11. SimplyCosmic

SimplyCosmic ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.

Heh ... as crazy as this sounds, I'm most excited about the possibility of being an ACH-47 Chinook pilot, if only because of that being the baby brother's real life job. :)

12. SirYawnalot

SirYawnalot Slapping myself in the face

Meh, no contest. The only games that have me fired up other than UT2004 are Far Cry (and if you've ever used a sniper rifle in a game, and even for the vaguest of moments experienced some twinge of enjoyment, then you should be preordering that one RIGHT NOW) and the Alpha Centauri expansion pack Alien Crossfire, which did indeed come out about five years ago, but I'm a bit slow on the uptake :p.