Bye Bye PuFers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Jul 22, 2000
After thinking about this for a long time, and watching many friends leave I have decided to do the same thing. PuF as not the same as it was 4-5 months ago when I joined. I will still be in #planetunreal now and again tho:).
Cya in #pu then.

(oh and I'll be back for Unreal2 :D)

-=[SK]=ShadowKi][er

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
Well,I have not been a PuF'er very long,but I have noticed that with the switch to irc.planetunreal.com,that alot of "regulars" are spending most of their time in ETG.
Most of them are clan folk,and still keep a window for the new irc open,but I hope this is not the fall of the PuF.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Here's my thoughts. The UT scene seems to be slowing down quite a bit... afterall, it has been over a year now since the game came out. And PuF is no exception. I wasn't here during the Unreal days, but I would be willing to bet that there was a similar decline at some point between Unreal and Unreal Tournament.

But, PuF WILL NOT FALL! When the next Unreal game is released I think many of the people who have left will return, along with many new people. There is definately something special about PuF, and I believe that there will be enough of us who are interested in keeping the same feeling of fun and welcomness in these forums, that when the next wave of Unreal players come here that we can return PuF to it's former splendor.

Now, I have a question: What exactly happened to Wank? I haven't been on a lot lately, but I haven't seen him here in a long time. Can someone confirm my hypothesis about a slowdown between Unreal and UT?

I don't see PuF passing away until the Unreal series dies... and I don't forsee that happening any time soon.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Originally posted by DarkReaper
My theory: school has started, not as much time:(:mad:

I think you're right there. I remember someone posted something very similar to what I'm about to say, but I'm saying it anyway. With school going on I didn't have as much time to play UT. I managed to keep some time for it, but there was eventually a period where I was away from it for a few weeks (my HD died). After I get a new one and started playing UT again it seemed to have lost something, and I never really got into it like I had been. I think part of it is that it's frustrating to see yourself getting whipped because of your lack of practice, especially when you don't have enough time to regain your previous skillz.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Like clayeth said, we won't fall. This phase has happened before and normally when school starts. You are all a great bunch of people and you are what makes this community. Shadow, hate to see you go like this, hope you still invade our channel to talk crap and show off your skillz:).

[Ci]Mazza

Trigger Me Baby!
Mar 5, 2000
England
Visit site
hmmmm

There was a point where i was fed up with UT, but after a few weeks not playin it i came back an it felt better than ever. Its like any game, after a while you get fed up then you put it on again and realise just how good it was :)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Hate to see you run off, Gnome. I can tell you this much...there has been a decline in the mad enthusiasm for UT that was shown in the first 6 months of it's release. But all of the communities have remained surprisingly resilient. I think that is because UT is ultimately a very, very good game with high replayability.

There certainly was a decline in the "between days" of Unreal and UT. It dwindled of much more than I suspect UT will. UT has a much greater support in terms of mods (and even because of it's included gametypes).

As far as PuF goes....I think it's idea is ageless. It's simple (at least it should be) and it has the right ideas behind it. I've seen what it did to change this forum for the better. Now it's maybe the largest UT forum around. Certainly the greatest. I'll be here. I know others that will too.

Just remember...it's all about fun. period.