Bush vs Daschle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Who is right about the taxes?

• Bush: taxes BAD!

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Daschle: Taxes GOOD! we want your money!

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • i dont live in the USA

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
S

SpiritWalker

Originally posted by lucifix
true, but dont you find it strange that we werent really helping them until that taliban "attacked" us?

we don't help a lot of people.. AND.. do you mean that we (the US) weren't attacked.. your use of " " makes me wonder.. I wouldn't wonder if someone else had done it.. you seem to have some "issues" with your own backyard with the whole War On Terror thins

S

SpiritWalker

Originally posted by Frostblood
Spirit : There's nothing wrong with bombing Al Quida but were it not for the fact that the Taliban were a shockingly oppressive regime, there would certainly be something wrong with bombing them and hence killing many civilians in the process.

There probably were some.. but I haven't read of any civillians dying .. anyone have some links to that???

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by The Spiritwalker

we don't help a lot of people.. AND.. do you mean that we (the US) weren't attacked.. your use of " " makes me wonder.. I wouldn't wonder if someone else had done it.. you seem to have some "issues" with your own backyard with the whole War On Terror thins
i just think its silly to go attack a country over what is, without a doubt, a crime and not a real war atack. as of yet i havent seen the militry sent after any other law breakers. what i mean is that we have had terrorism before bin laden, so why didnt we attack the countries that the other terrorists were from? there have been many bombing/terrorists acts and to my knowledge the people have been imprisoned and didnt have the military sent after their ass.........

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
There probably were some.. but I haven't read of any civillians dying .. anyone have some links to that???

Really??? If the US newspapers really didnt mention that ( by most estimates ) about 1000 civilians were thought to have died, then there is something wrong here...i dont have any links because it quite new news, google might help though.

S

SpiritWalker

i just think its silly to go attack a country over what is, without a doubt, a crime and not a real war atack. as of yet i havent seen the militry sent after any other law breakers. what i mean is that we have had terrorism before bin laden, so why didnt we attack the countries that the other terrorists were from? there have been many bombing/terrorists acts and to my knowledge the people have been imprisoned and didnt have the military sent after their ass.........

Listen up Doofus...
the attack was committed by the taliban.. the taliban WERE the GOVERNMENT.. hence an act by a forigen government on MY government.. .. that to me equals war.. no?

S

SpiritWalker

Originally posted by Frostblood

Really??? If the US newspapers really didnt mention that ( by most estimates ) about 1000 civilians were thought to have died, then there is something wrong here...i dont have any links because it quite new news, google might help though.
I could be wrong Frosty.. somtimes the flags that I have in my livingroom get in my eyes as I read the paper.. ;)

and at last count there were a bunch more civillians dead here.. does that make it ok.. no.. but sometimes bad things happen.. I don't like it.. but I would rather it be them the "ours"

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001

Listen up Doofus...
the attack was committed by the taliban.. the taliban WERE the GOVERNMENT.. hence an act by a forigen government on MY government.. .. that to me equals war.. no?

i thought it was committed by the al-quiada network? and that pesky bin laden guy.
whom the taliban were hiding. as far as i know.

S

SpiritWalker

Originally posted by mister_cope

i thought it was committed by the al-quiada network? and that pesky bin laden guy.
whom the taliban were hiding. as far as i know.

correct sir..
don't know where my mind is drifting off to today..

And they knowingly aided these peoples.. and Bush said.. either with US or THEM..
that is what brought us to where we are today

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Don't get me wrong, I think the bombing is a good thing, if you look at the bigger picture, but it does highlight how massivly inaccurate bombing and cruise missiles are...especially since the Taliban didnt exactly put up a stoic resistance.

FOR ****ING A!

CANADA ROCKS! EH?

WHILE YOU YANKS AND NAZI'S ARE TOO BUSY CUTTING EACH OTHER's THROATS OVER NOTHING WE WILL SLOWLY TaKE OVER THE WORLD!!!

Ok....to prove my point, how stupid did that seem? Exactly....stop with the slander, and act civilized....as you all know, us Canadians are the most civilized ;).

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Re: FOR ****ING A!

Originally posted by Malkor
Ok....to prove my point, how stupid did that seem? Exactly....stop with the slander, and act civilized....as you all know, us Canadians are the most civilized ;).

tinme to visit canada! Serious, I wanna visit friends down there. and I could go to the us and visit soem other peeps too!
but first off school...

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com

Listen up Doofus...
i know what you mean SW, but its not like they had fighters fly over the WTC and drop bombs! i mean the people are so ****ing poor and helpless that i get a kick out of watching us blow the **** out of them. to me its kinda like watching an adult fighting child. the place is ****ed already they didnt need us to destroy their land anymore than it already is. i think "we" could have handled it differently...........and better..........and besides i didnt choose to live here, i was born here.......

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
and for the love of god if a country has to highjack a plane to fight a war.........

#1 they obviously dont know how to fight a war

#2 they probably dont have the means to fight a war

im not against what the US is doing, but it could have been done a LOT better..........

Lucifix, go read my earlier post before talking about whether this was a crime or an act of war. In fact any amount of research will show that, as far back as the 90's, ole Bin Laden and his ilk had been preaching about how they were on Jihad against Western civilization in general, and America in particular. Next, go look up what Jihad means, hopefully after that I don't have to connect the dots any further for you.

You can look at it this way;
War is a crime, did we send the LAPD or NYPD or federal marshals over to take on Japan in WW2? Who do you think the first "police" were in the past, but the military.
Most cities used either guard units, or militia to keep the peace and enforce the laws, Why do you think so many European military units bear names like Guards or Watch? The terms come from these militias that were used to keep the peace, and served in the field as a military force when attacked.

Different crimes may require different agencies to pursue and prosecute the perpetrators. Since the scale and violence of this act far exceeded the capabilities of any police agency in the world, then we are using the proper force for the task. Actions and events in the past have proven that these people will not stop until they are dead and in their graves, or we give in to their demands.
Considering some of their demands, I say let them start digging.

Damn, there you go, making me be serious again!

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by diddlysquat
Lucifix, go read my earlier post before talking about whether this was a crime or an act of war. In fact any amount of research will show that, as far back as the 90's, ole Bin Laden and his ilk had been preaching about how they were on Jihad against Western civilization in general, and America in particular. Next, go look up what Jihad means, hopefully after that I don't have to connect the dots any further for you.

You can look at it this way;
War is a crime, did we send the LAPD or NYPD or federal marshals over to take on Japan in WW2? Who do you think the first "police" were in the past, but the military.
Most cities used either guard units, or militia to keep the peace and enforce the laws, Why do you think so many European military units bear names like Guards or Watch? The terms come from these militias that were used to keep the peace, and served in the field as a military force when attacked.

Different crimes may require different agencies to pursue and prosecute the perpetrators. Since the scale and violence of this act far exceeded the capabilities of any police agency in the world, then we are using the proper force for the task. Actions and events in the past have proven that these people will not stop until they are dead and in their graves, or we give in to their demands.
Considering some of their demands, I say let them start digging.

Damn, there you go, making me be serious again!
you dont have to agree with what i said...i dont expect anyone to. but like you said bin laden has been ****ing with us for a long time, so why now? if his other terrorists acts werent enough for war then why was the WTC? because it hurt our pride thats why. the other attacks were no less an act of war than the WTC incident...............

S

SpiritWalker

you dont have to agree with what i said...i dont expect anyone to. but like you said bin laden has been ****ing with us for a long time, so why now? if his other terrorists acts werent enough for war then why was the WTC? because it hurt our pride thats why. the other attacks were no less an act of war than the WTC incident...............

There was alot more than pride hurt...
I can't belive that any Amercian would think this way
I also find it rather nutty that there was an english teacher today that was jerked from his classroom for staging an anit-war protest..
that that anti war protests are bad.. but a teacher would do it in their class

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com

There was alot more than pride hurt...
I can't belive that any Amercian would think this way
I also find it rather nutty that there was an english teacher today that was jerked from his classroom for staging an anit-war protest..
that that anti war protests are bad.. but a teacher would do it in their class
im not anti-usa here people! i think im just looking at it from an angle that the majority cant even phathom.......do you understand?