Bulletstorm box art

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I can see it, it looks kind of flat since it's pointed directly at you.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Games with midget enemies are clearly better than all other games.

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
Difference is that those covers have a decent tonal treatment and lack the flyswatted pose and uninterested facial expressions of the BS box art.
The title placement also bugs me, looks like an aftertought.
(sorry, occupational habbits)

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Took a while to figure this out, but the leash thing is probably coming from some sort of jewel/device thing on the back of his hand, while we see the palm of his hand facing us. He just has the digits of his fingers all curled up (image example: top row, fifth from the left) facing towards the person viewing the boxart. Definitely seems like an odd pose, but it is entirely possible.

That said, I'm not a fan of the colour combination and the composition of this boxart. Seems like it should be way more intense, and intensity is not something I get from this.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
That one is definitely a lot better. Not that boxart matters much to me as I'll probably grab this off Steam.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Something can be said for showing the main characters' faces on a box-art. I don't find the box-art you linked to better than the actual one. In fact, I think it's pretty bad in comparison.

You got to give him credits though, he did a good job making a good composition of screenshots and same can be said for the layout on the back.

I agree for character faces being important, I just like the direction that guy has been taking, making the logo look like the in-game reward text, and somehow more actualy gameplay-fit than something completely absurd, like a douche on steroids kicking someone in the face, leashing someone 500 feet up high and shooting at nothing all at the same time.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Custom Boxart looks static... although there's a better use of colors, especially on the leash.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
You got to give him credits though, he did a good job making a good composition of screenshots and same can be said for the layout on the back.

I agree for character faces being important, I just like the direction that guy has been taking, making the logo look like the in-game reward text, and somehow more actualy gameplay-fit than something completely absurd, like a douche on steroids kicking someone in the face, leashing someone 500 feet up high and shooting at nothing all at the same time.

Hyperbole aside, you have a point, the custom boxart does have a better sense of composition aside from the lack of face. At the same time, the way you describe the actual boxart of the game (omitting douche and steroids) sounds exactly like what this game appears to be (absurd, over the top, kick in face, leashing, shooting). Maybe it is sort of fitting in a way.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The custom box art looks like it was put together in a well planned manner. The official one looks kind of chaotic and messy. I think they tried to put too much on there.

As others said, I don't know I care that much about it, and the unofficial boxart could use a face-forward shot with more shooting, but based on the materials he had to work with, he did a great job.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I've not seen that it was possible to leash, kick and shoot at the same time in the game alone so I think they could remove the leashing part on the box art it would look better and more natural as a character pose (Seriously, I think right now I could make the character fall over just by blowing air at him.) Of course then it's only a classic box art and doesn't show the leashing of the game which debatable is the only unique aspect of it visually that you could put on a box art.
So the custom one is better for that because it shows the leash bomb effect on the cover while not looking too un-natural. However maybe it's too muted for the personality of the game.

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
+1 for original box art. The arm thing really got me for a while until Sjosz fixed my mental block with his helpful post on what the arm's position actually was.