|BuF is now _BuF apparently. :c

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Hyrulian Hero said:
If we get forced out of using the pipe symbol, Alt+0166, which shows up as

¦
Can't get alt+0166 to show as a "¦" in the player setup menu - I just see a space. Funny enough, I did some fiddling with the alt combonations and came up with alt+0124 which appears to be the pipe...

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
It is restricted because UT2003/4 GUI parses pipe as a new line character. YOu can check the System/xPlayers.int to see how it is used to make line brakes.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Human oversight creates an error in the code.
Error in code gets executed - causes unexpected event, then it's a bug.

Doesn't matter if it wasn't specced out or not, it's an unexpected result, ergo it's a bug.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
They should of used a damn semicolon for their seperator, like everyone else does.

Hyphen is just as functional as a pipe. There are also some other ascii that look cool as seperators. It's just one less option. There's even one that looks about simliar right on the keyboard.

Playername][BuF

[EiF]Playername

Close enough.

I've always thought that was screwy that they allowed use of their scripting seperator in names.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
-AEnubis- said:
lol... bastid, and your ommision of smiley's...

I think UT is the only game I've seen that doesn't use a semicolon.
hehehe Well, sometimes it's just fun to mess with people and let them try to figure out what kind of emotion is attached to your post.

Alot of people in OT get really worked up that way haha :)

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Heh, indeed... I just used to get endless crap from people for doing that.

I knew you had to have been being sarcastic, I was just in a weird mood when I posted those two posts.