BuF History

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I went after the stuff that I remembered well enough to be able to write a short paragraph for. I haven't tackled a lot of the more funny stuff because I simply didn't know of a good way to summarize them. I forgot about DM peak, but you'll notice that I already put in the headings for goshen and so forth.

Also realize that I simply wasn't around between 2004 and 2006 due to my LDS mission. Hence I don't know much about what happened during that time aside from the whole beerbarron batcountry thing which was simply related to me by others. I also don't have the faintest clue what happened before I joined in 2000. I think we will need Liz and Hal to fill us in on that.

The hardest parts are keeping everything in order, and remembering the details where the threads were lost in the various crashes. For instance I know dopefish had a quote about "splitting the community" that ended up being really hilarious when it didn't happen. However, that post was lost during the transition. What you see now is just what as there when the forum was backed up. The thread continued on for several more pages, but it was all lost in the transition.

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
If you think something is missing just place it in the article where you think it belongs chronologically. I'll do all the historical work and write a short description when I come across it. Just make sure that it was a notable event that had a lasting impact on the forum. The great crash of 2006 definitely fits in that category. When was the other crash?

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Some disagreement took place with a moderator. Date uncertain. His nick was Yello or something and his avatar was that of a chimpanzee holding up a gun.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
There was also the ban of DeeperShade. Again, date uncertain (I'm rubbish with dates).

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
If you think something is missing just place it in the article where you think it belongs chronologically. I'll do all the historical work and write a short description when I come across it. Just make sure that it was a notable event that had a lasting impact on the forum. The great crash of 2006 definitely fits in that category. When was the other crash?
January 2008.
Some disagreement took place with a moderator. Date uncertain. His nick was Yello or something and his avatar was that of a chimpanzee holding up a gun.
Yellow5.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
It was Yellow5, but I don't know any of the details of that. People wouldn't talk about it, and it's always kinda stayed on the down low. I've gotten a few to tell me a detail here and there, but I don't remember what they told me.

Last edited: