1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Buf City

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NeoNite, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Marginal

Marginal Banned

Just to have the 1000th reply ...

P.s. I win ! :D

2. [Enigma]

[Enigma] Banned

The hangout is HERE!!!
    yay, i get the honer to host!
    lol, seeya there!

3. Zenda

Zenda Turbo Adept+10%

Hi:)

S-D .... So that's the way, then? Thanks. I think I must be doing something wrong.

ILG .... impressive model .... I've been seeing bits of it all night ..... I've been doing some processor-intensive work and so have had to pull out when the machine began to hang. Now that I am feel to see it, I must say that I am impressed. So much is 'cyber' these days. It was a good jolt to see something made of cardboard and tape. It that the finished product or are you planning on putting a finish and paint on it?

:)

4. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Oh this is great. jUst great. Not only are a lot of people "on the edge" here, but you've decided to end the thread behind my back, just cause I said we SHOULD (but didn't have to) end it when it hits the 1000. Great stuff people. Thank you very much.
    If I could close the damn thing, I would.
    Thanks for nothing.

5. Silver_Dragon

Silver_Dragon Gone

Why don't you close it? It's easy. :)

6. Silver_Dragon

Silver_Dragon Gone

Rya: ok, I cleared my pm box.

/me *blushes*. ;)

7. Ryayukou

Ryayukou The Stampede

Okay, check PM, S_D. :)

I thought the City was going until 1500 posts. :con:

8. Silver_Dragon

Silver_Dragon Gone

Yeah, me too.

9. Silver_Dragon

Silver_Dragon Gone

10. Waffnuffly

Waffnuffly >:E

Umm, this thread isn't going anywhere. I think we confirmed right at the beginning that it'll stay open till 1500, not 1000.

Neo, we didn't do this behind your back, I think Blindshot just got alittle mixed up here :)con:).... this thread isn't going anywhere yet. IN fact, I had no idea it was even comming. All of a sudden he just goes "BuF Hangout is here bla bla" and we (or atleast I was) like ":con:wtf???"

So umm yeah we've still got a ways to go here yet.

11. Ryayukou

Ryayukou The Stampede

Yeah, same here. I believe it should stay until 1500 posts. And all who don't agree shall get a taste of mah Diamond Dust. :D

/me gets ready

12. Foetal Youth

Foetal Youth New Member

It lives! It lives! 489 more posts of spam! ;)

13. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

eh you can't close or re-open your threads anymore Silver_dragon :)

14. Zenda

Zenda Turbo Adept+10%

Yes

My understanding is also that this thread intended to go till about 1500.

Blindshot asked if I was cool about him hosting the next thread. I'm cool about that.

But he's probably not familiar with the history of the way we have been doing things ......

If I remember correctly, The thread is supposed to get a bit unweildy. Then a few people are supposed to pop in for a once off and call this a spam-thread.

Terminal arrived a bit early with his comment but I appreciate where he's coming from. like yellow 5 said, outsiders could well see this as a spam thread.

I think we have been learning a lot from such feedback and this thread has IMO been putting into practise some of the principles we have beenlearning in our previous incarnations.

These last few days have been having a really low BuF City post c o u n t ..... and as far as I can see, we have just been accepting that that is how it has been flowing. No problem. No worries about 'is this thread dying' or needing to do bumping.

Where was I? .... Oh yes:D

Then what's supposed to happen next is that we start shuffling our feet and looking around at each other saying '.... er isn't it perhaps getting around the time when the thread could get closed. Then we faff about a bit and at some point the originator of the thread would close it .... but then more recently, would ask the Admins to close it.

One band I used to be a mamber of never used to 'count in' - you know? 'One - Two - Three -Four'
    We'd shuffle about a bit - look at each other, grunt a bit, ['y'readym8?' 'Yerrorlritethen']
    All of us together
    As a group

Blindshot, m8:) ..... Are you getting this? As far as I can see, you did the checking around with us about are we OK about you hosting the next thread. .... but you missed out the bit I have just been describing...... The bit where we have a sense of 'all of us all together' as we close it.

I'm online for a few hours tonight, so I'm well ready for chatting:)

15. Peavey

Peavey Rattus Norvegicus

Hi everyone :) Listening to ...And out come the Wolves..... great album, prolly the best album of '95 imho. So how's everyone? pffff.... foetal youth, shut the hell up. WE aint spamming, and anyone who sez we r well just ignore u cuz whoever does so is just an ignorant assh0le, like every god damn kid at my school.

Hate my school. Theres this overweight kid I look out for and he's always putting up with so much sh1t that the kids giv 'em and I look out for em. pisses me off to see kids so immature. Theyre all so beligerent, too. They always hafta start somthin. Bunch of arrogant, trendy, trigger-happy @$$holes.
    Now I seem to have done a bit of rambling, sorry everyone. Its just I am so sick of everything. And I gotta deeal with it every day. :mad:

16. Ryayukou

Ryayukou The Stampede

Hi again. :)

17. Waffnuffly

Waffnuffly >:E

That sucks Lafn. I hate to see people like that too. It makes me wanna join the military so I can take out all my anger by blowing the hell out of a lot of stuff:p:D

When you see someone trowing sh*t, just go up to them and say
    "Hey, f*ckwit, go shove your face in a bucket of napalm." Saying liquid nitrogen in place of napalm works too. Either way, it lets them know that they are a dumb sh*t and need to go smack their head against the wall a few times then go take a dump and see if they got rid of themselves yet.

(Note: I havn't tried saying that yet, cause I just made it up, but I probably will try it on Monday:D)

I'm not saying that I get picked on or that I always look out for people who do get picked on, cause I'm partially guilty for picking on the innocent ones, but mostly I set my sights on the really annoying or ignorant people who piss me off. Those are the people who I like to rain hell down on.:D

18. Peavey

Peavey Rattus Norvegicus

hey nice pic :)

umm, okay so whats goin' on? 1500th post sounds good. Watched The Mummy and The Mummy Returns last nite AGAIN.

lol... one of my favorite parts from the 1st...

Benny - HEY O'COOOONNEL!!! LOOKS TO ME
    LIKE I GOT ALL THE HOOORSES!!!

O'Connell - HEY BENNY!!! LOOKS TO ME LIKE YOUR ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE RIIVVEEER!!!

19. Peavey

Peavey Rattus Norvegicus

Nice Waffnuffly :tup: That should work. lol thats good. Of course they'll pry not know what liquid nitrogen is :D I get picked on all the time, but I don't care at all. Well gotta go, I might be back on in a little while, by for now.

20. Ryayukou

Ryayukou The Stampede

If you didn't see it the first time, here it is again: