1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Buf City

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NeoNite, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Silver_Dragon

Silver_Dragon Gone

Rya: already seen it but thanks.

Here's one from DBZ

2. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

NO!! I MISSED LAFNBOY!! Lol

anyway, I was up until 3:00 last night working on a remixed version of DM-Turbine and so far I pretty damn pleased with it, I've removed some of the polys, changed some of teh polys, etc so Turbine doesn't feel so cramped. Also included is a new UT track used in Deus Ex(the dance mix! b00yah!)

email me if u wanna try it out and I'm only distributing it through AIM cuz it's nearly 2megs and my poor 56K+ Outlook Express probably couldn't send it too fast, anyway, that's all for now, see everyone later

3. Silver_Dragon

Silver_Dragon Gone

and you missed the 1 000 000th post to. :D i think.
    Anyway from what I heard it's AngelShade who did it!!! :)

4. Zenda

Zenda Turbo Adept+10%

Hi all:)

Rya ... Hi ... I'll be happy to help you with guitarring any way I can. Since you are - as far as I know - new to the instrument, then .... well ... WELCOME to it. I know what Lafnbooy is saying when he said that getting the guitar was the best decision he has made. ... I'm usually practising at least 2 hours per day as well.

I think I have said in e-mails that I am happy for Blindshot to host the next thread ... So I put it formally to the BuF City regulars that I vote 'Yes'.

Post limit to this thread? Well, 1000 at minimum and 1500 at max is what I feel. ...

In terms of my own assessment of my contribution to this one so far, i feel that I have not been pulling my share, so's to speak... I feel like I have been popping in and out. i have been doing my best to keep up to date with what has been happenning, but these last few weeks have been a time of much computer tweaking which has kept me off the web.

Oddly enough i have been learning SOOOO much .... i've already mentioned how I descovered that the people who changed my MOBO had put in the old 40 strand cable. And that I noticed this and sorted it.

I think I found out something else this morning ... Having been reading the M0b0 manual the night before ......

Put your masters on the end of the cable furthest away from the end that clicks into the MOB) ... and put the slaves in the middle.

I thik that I am getting close to the time when I might be able to build my own computer.

.... I do need to experience taking out my cpu and heatsink ... and replacing it ... a few times.

I also want to get into understanding the bios well enough so that I can mess about with some of the settings andknow how to put it right if I foul up.

THEN ... i am going to buy some MoB0 and case ... get a cpu and start from scratch .... this could be vewry exciting for me.

BIG THING ... UT!!!!
    I've managed to reinstall it ... and not some choped down version, but the big one with all my own favourite settings ... the Kyla skin ..... Who's name was Zenda long before I came to PuF.

The Jungle-logo-map opening screen. My massive set ofmaps and skins ...

the Elexis voicepak for Freylis.

I've just been playing the 5-cubes by David M and a few of the others. I'm certainly looking forward to getting my frag-ability-ness pointed at DM Helleth. This will belike a reunion.

N3o .... did that person get back to you yet concerning that Doom level? It's getting to be a long time and I know you have been looking forward to it.

ILG .... I might have missed you rnews ... but did you get that DEx file you were looking for?

:)

5. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Nah Zenda, nothing yet. Maybe he's on a holiday who knows. Maybe I'm screwed...

6. NeoNite

Good for you Zenda. How big is your folder? Mine is over 4 gigs :)

7. Waffnuffly

Waffnuffly >:E

Maybe he got eaten:con:

8. NeoNite

YEAH or maybe he SIMPLY doesn't give a flying **** cause that's what most people NOWADAYS are LIKE :mad:

9. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

sadly it's true...:(

and Zenda, I did end up getting a D3D renderer, but none of them improved performance and the OpenGL renderer wont work for some reason so I just said "screw it" and decided I'd play the game at 30fps cuz it's jsut too damn great to care!

10. mobace

mobace rimmerlike :(

What is the title of the next incarnation of this thread going to be?

11. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

BuF Metropolis lol :D

12. Zenda

Zenda Turbo Adept+10%

No way does this compete with your collection, N3o ..... my UT installation and my Seperate UT maps folder come to 1.58Gig .....

There are no duplicates .... though there are some mods that I downloaded, installed, and then never used. The only one I kept active is the g-Web Deathmatch ... and that is because is kind of chooses 32 maps at random form the collection and then cycles them.

[Jeez ... I'm looking forward to UT 2 .... it's not that I don;t like FPS with storyline ... it's just that I look back and know that when I have done a storyline, I tend not to feel like going back again all that much. but with UT ... well, it's a lot of never ending well defined challenges. I read the preview of UT2 and it sounds like everything I hoped it could be and more.

I've still got to reinstall DEx ... I got half way through and then kind of lost my impetus.

Admittedly, the two or thre UberGuards with heavy duty armour and uncompromising mobile ordinance had me at their mercy for about 40 or 50 deaths ... at the end of which i probably said something like 'Bugger' and then left it for a few months and then offloaded it.

mind you ... I've still kept the savegames and my user prefs:D

I'm well sorry about that file, N3o.

I'm not exactly chuffed about your result, ILG. I have been using the Direct X stuff ... Matrox G400 is the card that I use .... OC'ed by 14%. It behaves itself. I have to have quite a lot on medium quality. Average 30 to 35fps ... oh, and no transparency.

13. Waffnuffly

BuF Biowaste Sludge Disposal Plant

14. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

ROFL!! Tha'ts definitely different, lol

15. Zenda

Zenda Turbo Adept+10%

:DBuF Biowaste Sludge Disposal Plant:D

I'm well impressed with that myself:utp:

I think Blindshot is thinking of calling it the BuF Hangout.

Y'know. folks?
    I can't believe it .... I'm sitting in fornt of the comp, watching Rocky three and about to have a cup of tea ..... i'm just chillin' .... The comp is working .... there's nothing I need to upgrade for a while ... i cant belive it. It's a very quiet victory ... My offline mates don't give a stuff aoubt the comp. Why should they .... they're into Turn - based strategy. Snail-pace Warlords j/k:D

I can almost feel myself unwinding ....

And there's M8's around to share this with.

Adds to the value.

....er .... Thanks:)

16. Waffnuffly

Rocky Three, Cup 'O Tea:D

Sounds good.... to me...........:D

17. Zenda

Zenda Turbo Adept+10%

Oh yes!!!

I've made two cups at the same time.... Feast.

Not ULTIMATE GIMME MAWH feast, but well goodenough for now.

I feel like I've been in a dream these last two weeks.

It's not just the computer. Yes, it's important to me .... Music and all that. But I think there's stuff that I am working through. I'll probably know more in a few months. Life is very odd at the moment.

18. Witty

Witty I hear only yes.

Hello.
    [Richard Nixon finger thing] I am not a spammer [/Richard Nixon finger thing]
    Why can't we all be like Zenda, and not spam, and actually have RELEVANT INFORMATION in our posts???
    j00 n00bies to teh BuF places of residence are messing it up with j00r quests for high posts!!!!!
    Plz, take the rules seriously: NO SPAMMING!!!!

19. [Enigma]

[Enigma] Banned

BuF hangout.
    hehe i like the name!:D :D :) :) ;) ;) :p :p

20. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

well, it's now midnight here and I was relaly bored and kinda excited today so I spent my time A: Leaving teh original SimCity on my SNES all day to accumulate money and B: I modelled 2 realistic guns outta cardboard today, an M4 straight outta Ghost Recon and an MP5!! They're awesome lookin!

well, I'm off, see everyone later