BuF Bonus Pack II Signup Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Raffi, I plan to make it both, it just so happens that about a day and a half into it, I thought it might work as both, so while I learn to path a VCTF, I decided to path it for ONS first. I've posted a beta version if you want to have a look at the development so far. But keep in mind, it's an early beta since I plan on redoing the rock meshes I thought I would get thoughts on the map before I went and reconstructed everything. It will be the same layout and basic rock theme, just the meshes will be better optimized (noob 3d artist) and I will fix some seeing through the terrain issues while in the turrets stationed on the upper ledge- the camera moves outside the map and you can see all the yucky chunks of missing terrain where I used visibility. So I am going to make a largish alcove for the turret stations. blah blah you get the pic. Here is beta thread located here at BUF Nali:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=139759

and over at UP where the beta file is hosted for DL
http://forums.unrealplayground.com/showthread.php?t=23848

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Ok, I played through it. Pretty neat, it has a lot of potential. I think it wouldn't hurt to throw in a few scorpions and hellbenders though, maybe 1 at each node, and both at each powercore. This would help make it a little more fast-paced for such a small map.

If you're going to officially make it vCTF, let me know so I can write it down in the update file.

Personally, the layout seems more suited for vCTF, in my opinion. But it's your map, do what you like :)

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Any room for one more DM map?

I've been working on this for the past few days and i'd say it's about 1/3 finished. Anyway its a night-time Achilles style map thats good for about 6 players.
Screenshot says it all really...

Attachments

• gordian.jpg
    gordian.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 30

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Send me a beta sometime and we'll look it over... from the screenshot it looks like a very good gameplay-oriented map.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
shadow_dragon, that skin looks great. It's just that this pack's filesize is HUGE, so unless something is very unique and fresh, it will probably not go in the pack. If you can add some more variation to it, we'll be glad to package it in there.

i was on my way to finishing my third map for the pack when my video card got fried by a thunder strike i need help finishing the terrain and some other stuff anyone who's interested and knows his stuff e-mail me at gredmega@hotmail.com

anyway the pics below are from an old version of the map no coronas yet.

Attachments

• Luz2a.jpg
    Luz2a.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Shot00009.jpg
    Shot00009.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Shot00008.jpg
    Shot00008.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Luz1a.jpg
    Luz1a.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 24
Oi that's some beatiful lookin stuff. How much work needs to be done with the terrain? email me the file and after I have a look we can chat in irc. (if I ever figure IRC out...) Here is a screen of the final beta of my map. I'm gonna see if I can get it up on a server or two and get a feel for whether or not it needs vehicles. I'm not opposed to a scorp or hellbender, but I sure would like it to work w/o. new dl link:
http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=6338
(you have to be logged in to dl)
and screen:

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 14
So far i'm working blind folded i can't see the terrain well and some textures look horrible :(
my friend is working on the terrain but seems to have problems working with layers.
but sure i'll send u the file when i get the terrain work from him. meanwhile i'll be working with the bsp and deco i'm using the 2k3 editor so i'll try to send u the final version, you'll have to paint it (my favorite part :( ) and add the final details i'll make u a list on what needs to be done not much i think.
would u like to see what we have so far? i could send u the map so u can see what it needs until i have it ready for u to start working on it.
thanx in advance :)

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
There really isn't a rock-hard deadline. As long as the content can be finished completely in about a month, then it should make it.

And no, I've never heard of Maxon :)

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Some new updates:

We now have custom music courtesy of Sonic Mayhem, one of the best composers around

The map count has increased to 20, and the mutator count stands at 8

Raffi dont we have some kinda private forums for the team? Us CBP guys had one from the start and it made a great place to post betas and screens of all of the maps. We still do, but its currently riddled with insults about Ed Duke Cox mom being a whore and calling eachother noobs because *some* of us didnt know about the drawscale features, being able to mirror static meshs and being completely oblivious to the real-time in-editor preview button :D

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Let's resurrect this thread a bit shall we? :)

Well, since I have very little time for mapping any more, I'd be happy to add a couple of other things to the bonus pack in the form of a mutator and a vehicle:

Vehicle = Bulldog if you want it.
Mutator = Pandoras Box - nifty little mutator that spawns random things when players die. This can range anywhere from tasty pickups (Udamage, super health, normal health etc) to not so tasty monsters (including Warlords and custom made and animated skeletons :) ). Or, if you're really unlucky, you could kill someone and have a huge explosion go off in your face :D This counts as a suicide rather than a kill for the other guy. I'm thinking of other stuff to add at the moment - trust me, it's total mayhem and therefore loads of fun \o/

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Radiosity said:
Mutator = Pandoras Box - nifty little mutator that spawns random things when players die. This can range anywhere from tasty pickups (Udamage, super health, normal health etc) to not so tasty monsters (including Warlords and custom made and animated skeletons :) ). Or, if you're really unlucky, you could kill someone and have a huge explosion go off in your face :D This counts as a suicide rather than a kill for the other guy. I'm thinking of other stuff to add at the moment - trust me, it's total mayhem and therefore loads of fun \o/
Pandora's Box sounds quite interesting. It would go along with the theme of mayhem, chaos, and disorder that many of the other muts we are creating have. :D

Let's see what Raffi thinks about it. :)