BuF Bonus Pack II Signup Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
unSane said:
MUTATOR PROPOSAL - SKILL BALANCING / HANDICAPPING
Looks like quite an interesting idea. :blueflag:

You should get on the BuF BP2 IRC channel (irc.enterthegame.com, #bufbp2) and tell Raffi_B about it, if you haven't already. I don't think BuF BP2 is gonna be finalized for another month or so, so you probably have time to do it.

Yournan

Yournan
Jan 21, 2004
UK
Nice list you've got there raffi, i've finished hellfactory as well just the detail on the terrain needs doing i'ii send it over to you a.s.a.p.

Glad to see your pimping the pack, get something up in atari forums if you haven't already, also i'm glad to see you've added a picture of my map on the new shot of BuF.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Ronin - I looked it up, and it turns out that distributing the voice pack might be illegal, so I'm going to play it safe and remove it from the pack. Sorry :)

Yournan - Sounds good, did you mess with the item placement at all?

Yournan

Yournan
Jan 21, 2004
UK
Raffi_B said:
Ronin - I looked it up, and it turns out that distributing the voice pack might be illegal, so I'm going to play it safe and remove it from the pack. Sorry :)

Yournan - Sounds good, did you mess with the item placement at all?

yes raffi, i moved the shield way out of the rocket launcher location and placed it near the bio rifle, its now in the middle of the pool.

i might remvoed the flak cannon as well, and place the rocket launcher there instead so its not so close to the u-damage and remove the flak because the map is so enclosed in any case.

whats your thoughts on removing the flak?

as for the pools you mentioned theres no movement, i check them all the water moves fine :rolleyes: .

as for the detail on the terrain i couldn't do it, when i'ii final the map i'ii send it over to you and your' ll have to sort it out.

i'ii get the final over to you shortly

MsM

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
OK, I just got a huge lot of work I've got to do for school, so I guess that leaves me with pretty much no time what so ever to finish the maps.
I'll try to finish FaceTitan2 up anyway, cause Parser is also at it, and I wouldn't want to let him down by cancelling the whole thing, but forget about the rest, no way I can finish those now. I'll keep in touch though, for I'm also looking for a solution for the legal issues, I'll let you know when I've got something.

gravit

Jun 19, 2004
I saw Raffi post about this in the atari forums a while back, and I wanted to stop by and see how it's going. Do you have an ETA on it yet? Can't wait to frag some nali cows, and we need a new custom AS map that doesn't have the word "race" in the title ;)

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Heh, we should be done in about a month. Most of the maps are done or nearly done, and all of the mutators are finally coming together. As of now, I'd say we are about 85% complete. I'm going to have a beta of the whole pack put together in a few days, and I'll send out a link to you all as soon as I've uploaded it to BU.

gravit

Jun 19, 2004
Glad it's coming together. A lot of projects like this die before they get half done.

Btw, Raff, haven't seen you online in a while. You still play AS?

EDIT: I just tried your map pack, and I don't think CTF-RB-Vault made it over to 2k4 intact :( I fell into the pit below the flag :lol: I had to recompile my mutators and 1 of my maps to make em work in 2k4 . . .

Last edited:

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Yeah, I still play AS, but I've been busy with all of the mods lately. Frag-Ops has become my new guilty pleasure. Even while being a little bit buggy, it's still addictive as hell.

I should probably port over my maps to UT2004, it wouldn't take long. In fact, I'll go do that now...

OK, so I've decided it would be really cool to be a part of a high profile map pack. So when this map is done, I'll submit it for apporval by Raffi. I have a couple other maps going right now, but this is the one I'm most likely to finish. I really like the dark rock texture as it's very tropical feeling, but I need somehting that takes a little more light if I'm gonna make the lighting any good. OH, and I've just learned the basics of Maya, and if I don't figure out how to do it on my own, I could use a volunteer to skin the meshes I made for the other map I'm working on.... hint hint :D

OK I apologize for the size of the pics, but for some reason PhotoBucket is enlarging them in the img tags. I resized them all to 640x480 I swear.

Shot00020.jpg

Shot00023.jpg

Shot00022.jpg

Shot00021.jpg

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Would the BUF Bonus pack like a Skinpack with this theme? If you do i can do a whole teams worth for a skinpack, if you don't want it then i'll scrap it. :)
(I just kinda guessed that silver and blue were BuF's colours!)

Attachments

• buf.jpg
    buf.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 13
  • bufteams.jpg
    bufteams.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 12
  • buf2.jpg
    buf2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 14
  • bufgirl.jpg
    bufgirl.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
What did you change in the skins? Apart from the BU logo and some color adjustment, they look the same as the default ones :confused:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I removed the insignia of the original skins, i'm still working on making the skins more original, but the point is to have a BuF uniform, i was kind of trying to use some of the more popular skins and giving them a BuF flavour see? It's onyl a concept for a rough uniform, as yet i hav eno idea what is wanted from BuF'ers for example, if you like the concept then feel free to request details, i was considering urban camoflage on his trousers for example. But as i said if you don't want them that's fine. :)

Last edited:
I'm curious, how do people feel about vehicle-less ONS? I'm doing a map right now for a VCTF mapping contest that I think might actually work for 16 player ONS sans vehicles. Is it a pipe dream that there ever will be a good vehicle-less ONS, or does it just need to be done well?

Attachments

• vctf-ons.JPG
    vctf-ons.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 31

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
That looks pretty solid, but I'd like to see a vCTF map go in the pack. How about changing it back to vCTF and seeing how it plays? (Assuming you'd like to have it in the pack, that is)