BuF Bonus Pack II Signup Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Hey guys, it seemed most of you were pretty interested in a second bonus pack from us, so I thought we should actually start getting organized and see what we come up with. If you are going to be relatively free for the next few months and you're experienced in Mapping, Modeling, Skinning, Coding, etc. then please PM or email me (raffi_b@beyondunreal.com) so we can get something started. Also, we will probably need beta testers so if you are someone who loves to play buggy maps then feel free to drop me a line also.

I'll see what I can do about getting a private IRC channel and website and stuff. If we get enough support then we might make an official announcement and start spreading the word and stuff.

Thanks in advance,
-Raffi_B

Edit: Our new IRC Channel is #bufbp2 on ETG

Last edited:

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
I thought the CBP killed the BuFPack][
If it was intended (I hate sounding like I'm pushing it) but webspace, ftp and private boards are already active on Cogworks. I'm sure anyone who's interested would be granted access. Otherwise, myself and the rest of Cogworks would love to contribute any possible way. :)

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
I see no reason to reinvent the wheel Cogworks was setup to do BuF community bonus packs so all of the resources are there... besides when I think BuF bonus pack cogworks comes to mind. ;)

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
I have ideas... grand ideas but no skill with UEd, though i have the vids on the SE i haven't got time yet.

If anyone remembers CTF-Rotor i have a well thought out remix of that that begs to be created.

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
I too can't contribute much but testing, but I can tell you that I can break just about anything.

NATO_chrisjm

Jan 31, 2004
Aberystwyth
tac.tauniverse.com
Well who says we need to work on our own ... this is what gets me about mapping, why not get someone to do the geomity, someone to do the item placement and someone to do the bot paths. People who are good at those areas. I must say I am partial to making the odd teraine (infact I have several atm that need to be finished) , but I suck at bot pathing and making bases!

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Raffi_B said:
I'll see what I can do about getting a private IRC channel and website and stuff. If we get enough support then we might make an official announcement and start spreading the word and stuff.

Thanks in advance,
-Raffi_B

:tup:

Rock on, an IRC channel would be awesome. That way I could bug people with all my questions. :D

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
OK, the IRC channel is on its way. I fired off an email to the ETG admins for confirmation and stuff.

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
i'd be willing to beta test.. i also would like to make a map, however what happens if the map ends up not being too great. i've mapped a lot in ut99.. ut2k3/4 i havent done much editing.. though i know how to do the majority of stuff, its just a matter of piecing it together into a nice map with decent gameplay. :/

unSane

Sep 17, 2002
Visit site
I am a pretty good map layout designer (design, flow, weapon placement, lighting) but I am TERRIBLE at decorating. If someone wants to join forces, I'd be happy to do some of the geography and hand it off for the texturing etc.

I think one of the things that really works about the latest Epic maps is that the layouts were playtested to all hell before they were finalized. I think that would be a very good idea.

I see a lot of demand for 1v1 and mid-sized DM maps. That's what I'm interested in, anyways.