1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BU Reviews

Discussion in 'Site Discussion / Suggestions' started by Mozi, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Mozi

Mozi Zer0 as a number

So when will BU review another game. Kind of lame to see Duke on the front screen for over a year! Other great UE3 games have been out since then.

2. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

I have about 4 games on my plate to write reviews for. I could probably do it in a couple of hours but finding time and then finding screenshots and then compiling it all together is a challenge these days :)

3. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

lemme guess, Borderlands 2 ;) :D

4. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

We've actually reviewed other games since then. The banner just never got switched out.

5. Prophetus

Prophetus Old Fart

Morning Star by Industrial Toys looks promising, if you are a mobile device gamer.

6. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Does anyone post any front page news or reviews here any more? Just asking....

7. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

There's not a lot of news to post

8. Lruce Bee

Lruce Bee Transcending to another level

Strange, I was only thinking about this very thing the other day and wondering was it actually worth Hal & Co maintaining this site anymore?

9. Manticore

Forums are good. As for reviews stuff does get released and a lot of it is UE........

10. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Beyond Unreal was huge back in the day, but with the decline of Unreal Tournament (let's call it extinction) the purpose of this site declines.

11. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Let us know if you have any requests for reviews. It is quite true that the decline of UT has made us get complacent, but we still have some juice left in us :p

12. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

I still want to do the Bl2 review, lol.

13. Manticore

Word. We still play games and the Unreal engine is bigger now in gaming than ever.

I picked up Bioshock Infinite during last weekend's 2K Games sale on Stream. I need to get around to getting the Brigmore Witches DLC for Dishonored and play the whole game again from the beginning; including the DLC.

Unreal engine much?

While there are games to be played I'll be playing them and UE just proves that Epic were once a creative force but now they are a technical force in the industry. UT is a great game and it always will be but it's day is done as a franchise; there's plenty more gaming to come though.........

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013