BU Reviews: Gears of War 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Gears of War 3 comes out in three days. Marcus Fenix and crew return to the fight with hot four player action (in co-op), Beast mode, Horde 2.0, and arcade campaign and all the content you can shake a stick at. Is it worth scrambling out to the store at midnight to secure your copy, playing it all night long and being a zombie for work the next day?

Read on to our full review to find out!

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cool beans man, can't wait to pick it up on my return trip wednesday :F

Also, rather sad that I'm probably going to be swamped with work and schoolwork.

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
I'm liking what I'm hearing :)

How do you know if the XBOX Live matchmaking issues are sorted out, though? I imagine that there couldn't be too much load on the system yet with only the special few who have early access being able to play it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm liking what I'm hearing :)

How do you know if the XBOX Live matchmaking issues are sorted out, though? I imagine that there couldn't be too much load on the system yet with only the special few who have early access being able to play it.
I don't "know" I suppose, but the matchmaking works a lot faster than it did before. Also, in-game the lag wasn't nearly as noticeable as I've seen it in Gears 2, with some games being completely unplayable. Of course, I'm sure there are only a hundred people on there at the moment so we will see.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Very nice review and well written! I do like it! However, I would love to have all three Gears Of War games for PC, especially by the fact, that I loved playing Gears Of War, but now I hate the fact that it doesn't work anymore on PC.

Oh gosh, please Epic Games, where is the PC version?!

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I would also love to have the other Gears games on Windows.

I had a really good time with the first, and feel cheated on the sequels.

Why does Microsoft hate people that use their products?

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
[VaLkyR]Anubis;2535090 said:
Very nice review and well written! I do like it! However, I would love to have all three Gears Of War games for PC, especially by the fact, that I loved playing Gears Of War, but now I hate the fact that it doesn't work anymore on PC.

Oh gosh, please Epic Games, where is the PC version?!
Huh? Gears PC still works.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
[VaLkyR]Anubis;2535096 said:
Really?! Some weeks ago, I wanted to install Gears Of War again, but something went wrong. During the installation, I wasn't asked for the CD key and when I wanted to run the game, I always got a error message.
That's because you have to manually apply the last Title Update to fix a certificate issue with the game.

http://gearsofwar2.xbox.com/pc/qfe1.htm

The CD key is entered inside the game.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
I don't "know" I suppose, but the matchmaking works a lot faster than it did before. Also, in-game the lag wasn't nearly as noticeable as I've seen it in Gears 2, with some games being completely unplayable. Of course, I'm sure there are only a hundred people on there at the moment so we will see.

Pretty sure all matchmaking games are run on dedicated servers, so that helps.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Please tell me Dom doesn't have any lines about his retarded wife in this one. That crap ruined Gears 2.