1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BU Podcast: Episode One Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Sir_Brizz, May 20, 2014.

1. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Good news, everyone! The brand spanking new BeyondUnreal Podcast is now live. TWD and I go over what's happening with the new UT along with the details of the progress that has been made from Epic over the past week.

If you want to discuss the podcast or have any ideas for the show next week, hit up the comments and let us know! We are also available on IRC, #beyondunreal on irc.enterthegame.com as well as on the UnrealTournament sub-reddit at http://reddit.com/r/UnrealTournament so let us know!

On a side note, sorry for the length. This first show is 40 minutes for a variety of reasons. The following weeks we will be doing all we can to keep the show under 20 minutes. Enjoy!

2. MonsOlympus

MonsOlympus Active Member

I think you guys had alot of good points in this! Its a great idea to follow along with the development so Im looking forward to hearing more on what the UT community has to say as things move along :cool:

3. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys, sorry about having to listen to TWD laughing in the background during the video ;)

4. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

Bruzz, me and DP have decided to start our own rival Podcast and afterwards we will punch TWD.

5. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

TWD's ass is grass.

6. Al

Al Reaper

:lol:

7. phillon

phillon New Member

Hi

Hi there,

My first post on BU; long time follower and player of UT since 99. New developments with UT has made me crawl out from underneath the woodworks. Just want to say that the podcast is a great idea and will contribute greatly to the community. I will be following every episode. These are exciting times for Unreal/UT and I applaud Epic for trying this new way of development of our beloved franchise. How will it turn out? No one knows, but I believe the approach is a good and noble one.

I look forward to being kept informed by the dedicated peeps here on BU; and on that note just wish to say thanks to all involved for keeping the fansite running, I (and many other silent fans I am sure) greatly appreciate it.

8. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

That's really nice to hear! So many people have contributed to BeyondUnreal over the years -- I mean countless hours of unpaid work -- and on their behalf I'd say "thanks for being a part of BeyondUnreal and the greater Unreal community." We're all here because we love Unreal.

This is a pretty exciting chapter in the life of the series. Everyone wants it to succeed. I agree that the approach Epic is taking is bold and full of possibilities.

9. dr.flay

dr.flay Dr.Flay™

BTW. what is the preferred IRC ?
    I'm in irc.utchat.com which I guess is related to irc.globalgamers.net
    When you join irc.enterthegame.com it says it is moving to Global Gamers.

irc://irc.utchat.com/beyondunreal
    irc://irc.globalgamers.net/beyondunreal
    https://webchat.globalgamers.net/?channels=beyondunreal

irc://irc.enterthegame.com/beyondunreal
    When I try to access https://www.enterthegame.com my security blocks access, as they have completely the wrong certificate there !
    Web-chat is available here http://www.enterthegame.com/chat.asp
    They are actually using the certificate from https://www.etgirc.com which also expired a long time ago.

*EDIT*
    OK. Stop face-palming. I read the news in reverse :p

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  10. Al

Al Reaper

We're leaving ETG. UTChat redirects you to GlobalGamers, I believe. We're all on GlobalGamers.

P.S. IRC PALS 4 LIFE.