1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BU @ E3 - UT2007 Booth Wall Footage

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by RaptoR, May 10, 2006.

1. [KBEC]MAJ

[KBEC]MAJ New Member

anyone saw a flak?

2. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

They showed us screenshots the flak canon in UT2007, actualy, not recently, it was like the first thing we saw about UT2007 along with the Infamous German Malcolm.

I had the same reaction.

3. nDru

nDru New Member

Wow, that gameplay movie is extremely encouraging.

4. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Thanks for that one :tup:

Haven't seen that one yet, DM looks like fun :)

/Waits for the demo

5. Turret 49

Turret 49 Doomer at heart

I hope they end up with lot more variety in the pain/death sounds. They were all low pitched "Ooohh"s and "Aaahh"s.

6. Olga

Olga Miffed

Well it's certainly a valid concern, whether or not it matters to you.

Maybe it's the alternate fire and they haven't worked in the alt fire animations, or it could just be a placeholder model with just the primary animations finished. Kind of fires like the pistol from Unreal 2 it seems, though.

7. -Checkmate-

-Checkmate- Guest

I dont see anything wrong with the levi speed. From the site of it, it looked as if it had been going about 20 mph, which is actually really realistic and considering its further into the future it makes it look even more realistic. M1A1 Tanks now days can reach speeds of 50 mph and thoughs are only 3 to 2 times smaller then the levi in size, I dont see why that levi cant reach some speeds above infantry.

[​IMG]

8. Super-Moose

Super-Moose New Member

Who was complaining? I was just agreeing that it looked it bit wierd.
    Way to get worked up about nothing.

9. Nagromme

Nagromme New Member

Try playing the video at about 2/3 speed and things look much more normally paced. (I did this with the Official Movie 1 thing, but I'd guess the booth video was sped up by the same amount.)

10. nELsOn

nELsOn bSnakeCastShadow = True

judging by those gamespot videos ut2k7 is gonna be a bit faster than ut2k4 (if those vids weren't sped up...), the scaling (playermodels vs. level) seems to be a lot better but it also seems like we'll be in need of utcomp style bright skins as it's pretty dark in some places.
    apart from that it just looks awesome even on those more or less low quality videos and i can't wait to get my copy :D

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  11. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Heaven forbid a game have realistic lighting... GLOWSTICK BRIGHTSKINS SAVE THE DAY!!!!

12. Retodon8

Retodon8 Sheep happens!

Now that the characters have normal mapping, they look more 3D than before as well.
    By the same reasoning that validates brightskins, perhaps people will make perfectly flat normal mapped skins to complement brightskins to make characters stand out even more. :)

13. Nagromme

Nagromme New Member

I'm thinking that brightness, contrast, color saturation, detail and speed are all likely distorted in the processed/compessed (sometimes camera-captured!) clips we're seeing. Add in the fact that the game is still far from release, and it leaves more questions than answers!

I don't care, it still looks great :)

14. Bleuchamp

Bleuchamp Member

Where is that higher quality movie that was supposed to show up..... have I missed something?!??? o_O

15. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

Please god no. I'll be seriously pissed if the 'pro' crowd manage to get 2K7 ruined like they ruined 2K4.