BU and images

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Is there a way besides searching for key words on the news page, to find images on BU? I've spent way too much time again trying to locate an image on BU :( :catfight:
I actually found one of the images I was looking for by total chance...

It would be nice if every game had a place with all the images you guys have for them, in one place.
For the most part you guys get some pretty high-res images but it can be quite a pain to find them, specially if the new post they were included in, doesn't actually use a word that would describe the image well.

Looking at the file structure of most of the images I found, your images for the various games a scattered a bit all over the shop :)
I guess if you put all the images of the games into a corresponding folder, it wouldn't be hard to make a link that would take the user to all images for a specific unreal related title.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Do you remember who posted it, and if it was a attached picture? And if was before the crash? :p

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
As you have discovered, there currently is very little organization for images. We didn't lose any in the crash though, and recovered pretty much all of the news articles. So if they were posted, they should still be there.

We're working on redoing a lot of the features on the main page, which will include much better image organization. This obviously isn't a small undertaking, and we have limited time. We are making good progress though.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Well good luck with that BU and Co.

Kantham, I was actually looking for the Liandri Robot concepts which were in a news post (and ironically I linked to the news post that had them when someone asked where they were before the crash) but now I can't find them myself :)
I found the image somewhere else though.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Lol welcome in the club. I did search for that one too and couldn't even find it anywhere else on the net, the search result were everything except that god damn concept. IGN/GameSpot doesn't host it either.

Though I think someone started a thread about it, I know it's still hosted somewhere on BU.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The VCTF-Containment art is just so much better than the actual gameplay map. :eek: