[BU ads] I thought you might want to know this

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
today i've been blocking some anoying banner ads. Now, it's not that they are gone, but new ones apears, new ones that i never saw before.

Just thought i'd point that out, it's maybe just on my end though.

Zenny

I'm gonna steal your girlfriend.
Mar 14, 2003
Washington DC
Kantham said:
today i've been blocking some anoying banner ads. Now, it's not that they are gone, but new ones apears, new ones that i never saw before.

Just thought i'd point that out, it's maybe just on my end though.

We're not going to help you circumvent the extremely minimal ads we put up on the site to support it. Ad revenue is just about the only viable source of revenue BU actually has. Furthermore, I would hardly call our banners anywhere near "annoying". The only non-gaming related ones we have are google adSense which are probably the most invisible out there.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Dark Pulse said:

Don't worry, i think i did said that it don't work anyway? They always come back after i try to remove them.
Keep at it, all im saying is that there's some Ads that i can't see but they are active.

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Zenny said:
We're not going to help you circumvent the extremely minimal ads we put up on the site to support it. Ad revenue is just about the only viable source of revenue BU actually has. Furthermore, I would hardly call our banners anywhere near "annoying". The only non-gaming related ones we have are google adSense which are probably the most invisible out there.

Agree, prolly the only place around wich IS NOT annoying.;)

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Though I'm a pro addblock user :D I never block any BU adds. Specially as they are never intrusive and the majority link to free stuff I don't imagine BU get's cash for. And the ones they do get cash for... hey, the site's totally for free, let's help them keep it that way.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I don't block ads from any site specifically, however the hosts list I use tends to end up blocking ads on most sites, including many on this site. In order to restore this site's ads it's probably gonna result in unblocking ads on more sites as well...

I figure, I'd rather just donate to BU directly as my form of support.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
That's exactly why this thread shouldn't haver been revived. I do not block adds anymore.