Brothers in Arms: Xbox

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Yes, it is a WW2 game. From what I've seen, calling it 'another' WW2 game is something of a criminal disservice, or at least I hope that it turns out to be.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Arethusa said:
From what I've seen, calling it 'another' WW2 game is something of a criminal disservice, or at least I hope that it turns out to be.
Me hopes too, cuz if it is realistic enough, I´m with it.

By the way Arethusa, it is typed 'Notwendige', not Nothwendige (no 'h' between the 't' and 'w'). I remember Beppo tried to explain it to you :D.

OICW said:
I'd be more impressed if every weapon didn't fire tracer rounds...
Rofl.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Psychomorph said:
Is it another WW2 game? Sounds like this. Kinda fed up with all this WW2 stuff, lol.
In theory it could be very boring, but at least there appears to be 'pure' iron sights and your loadout is limited to 2 weapons (ie : you can't carry every damn gun you find).

The best (or rather most interesting) bit has got to be the multiplayer which has players command a squad/fireteam of AI soldiers like they do in the singleplayer-part. It at least *sounds* like they are honestly trying to add something to the fps-genre instead of just creating yet another WW2-story.

As for the tracers ...
There are said to be more difficulty-levels including one that is 'authentic'. So it might just have been videos of the 'lesser' settings ?

Last edited:

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Let me know how it is, i'm a little too busy with Gran Turismo 4 atm though.. must let it destroy my social life (at least for the short term.) but afterwards i might be intrested in a shooter with a good singleplayer aspect.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
OMGZ, it's an UBI project. I sweared not buying UBI stuff, except Rainbow Six things maybe.

The ironsight is not bad. A mix between blurry bitmap (rearsight) and 3D model (gun torso and front sight).

Otherwise I find it looks as ugly as most other games, lol.

hol@stickboy

Feb 27, 2005
Brother's In Arms is also supposed to have a great AI system. Apparently, the other players in your squad (bots) are able to establish all sorts of things, and if you hang around for too long, the enemy eventually learns how to flank you and stuff. It's like Call Of Duty, with better enemy and squad AI, not to mention those pretty shaders they seem to be using!

[UMC]Boron

UMC's Official Drunkard
Oct 10, 2002
Minnesota, USA
Visit site
The clock is a suppression icon, when its red, the germans arent suppressed for ****, when its grey, they are suppressed and will make your job easier in flanking. These icons are removed when you play the game on Authentic Difficulty.

At any rate, I love this game. I picked it up yesterday and have been playing it a lot of course since then. The atmosphere, sounds for the guns and everything just click.

*edit* you can also turn it off in the options as Authentic mode needs to be unlocked first.

Last edited:

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Arethusa said:
Combat Mission: Beyond Barbarossa, I believe.

Ah well i was never really a fan of WW2 tank warefare... but i've always had an intrest in naval warefare, and if we're just talk'n bout ww2 games in general, then the vids that i've seen of Silent Hunter 3 looked very impressive.