Bring back the wave taunt

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Although UT2004's taunt animations are fluid and rather explicit, I can't help but feel there's something missing. For one, the taunts animations don't "flow" with each other, giving jerky movements when you try to do a victory dance at the end of the match UT(99) style.

Also, there's that one taunt that I found especially useful : waving. It's the ideal taunt to signal out to someone to follow them or make yourself noticed. If you're showing someone tricks on a map, you just have to wave out and, in a battle, you can signal to someone and then throw them a weapon.

What are your thoughts on this, guys and gals ?

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
I prefer running up to them and humping their leg for attention... but everyone's different I guess. :)

Anyways I do agree with ya there on how choppy the animation sets are for the taunts. It just doesn't "look" right. Plus for some reason.. maybe it's just me, but I find I can't do the same taunt twice in a row without doing a different one first. At least the ones bound by default.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
BooGiTyBoY said:
I prefer running up to them and humping their leg for attention... but everyone's different I guess. :)

Anyways I do agree with ya there on how choppy the animation sets are for the taunts. It just doesn't "look" right. Plus for some reason.. maybe it's just me, but I find I can't do the same taunt twice in a row without doing a different one first. At least the ones bound by default.
Same.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
About the taunts not flowing. Its very apparant in the Jailbreak Mod's death sequences. For all those who havent played it you basicly see all the jailed people get killed in a fun way or vicous (depending on the mapper) whilst your character is placed in front taunting :D
as a side note, anyone who has not played JB should do!!! Definetely the best Mod out (Total conversions dont count)

I have keybinds set up on the same keys as my movement. SO I am constantly taunting as I run around :D

Discord

surveying the wreckage...
Nov 6, 2002
Somewhere on Route 666
OMGHELLYES, bring back the wave!!! :tup:

That taunt was really useful for cluing somebody in that you were a teammate and thus a waste of ammo. Plus, it's funnier than "beckon." EG, end- of- round sshot bind: m=taunt gesture_wave | say Hi, mom!!! =D

Nunchuk_Skillz

May 18, 2005
I have keybinds set up on the same keys as my movement. SO I am constantly taunting as I run around

Funny for about 1 second, and then totally annoying to everyone else in game, as it's distracting and also makes the person harder to hit, which is why it's also banned on every ladder and in every league going.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
eh so animating all the time makes you harder to hit? ah thats something i learnt today...

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
Yeah they should allow you to disable taunts clientside. Animated taunts are a lot cooler when not done automatically. It's awesome when someone uses it just right too. This one really good guy that I was pubbing with close range headshotted another player and did the taunt animation and typed "LEET". It was awesome. But to protect players from other people abusively using taunts there should be an option to disable it clientside.

Last edited:

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
Turns2Ashes said:
<--- I like that taunt.

I also like teabagging people I kill if I can get to their body before they respawn.
It's weird how that fragbu fad started. During TAM me and someone else just started tapping crouch as a celebration ceremony, then Skold or Kes started to do it while hovering over the last opposing teams member's ragdoll. :D

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
however, the ragdolls are strictly client side... where it shows on your computer might not be the same as where it shows for everyone else... in fact , the ragdolls are so artificial and fake that they are more randomly strewn about than calculated using proper physics... all in all , i think that most people will just think 'hm i wonder why the guy who just fragged me is crouching over at that corner,theres nothing there'
i know that this is true because ive played with people online who were discussing about what funny positions their ragdolls are in, but nobody could agree because they all saw something different...

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Nunchuk_Skillz said:
Funny for about 1 second, and then totally annoying to everyone else in game, as it's distracting and also makes the person harder to hit, which is why it's also banned on every ladder and in every league going.

Banned in every ladder.... right.....

No-one has ever complained when I played in any of the official ladder matchs I've played in. I dont recal seeing it mentioned on clanbase rules at all.

Makes the person harder to hit..... IS this just you that finds this. I find someone jumping around waving at me quite easy to spot and then hit