1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bright model problem

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by Me109, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Me109

Me109 3d Monkey

Hi all got this problem with custom models

[​IMG][​IMG]

Where the models i've imported have full bright textures or flicker between bright and what looks like normal lighting.. any ideas to what causes this would be great

cheers!!

2. Caravaggio

Caravaggio Custom User Text goes here.

...and 15 days later someone replies.

Though I really can't help. I can only mention that the game adds something like 40% brightness to all pawns over their surrounding environment. So maybe just try to make the skin really dark. Though that really sucks because then you loose a lot of contrast in the artistic side. Open up some of the default skins and look at their brighter parts, where the white is, that's about as bright as you can get.

3. Me109

Me109 3d Monkey

Thx Caravaggio... better late than never i say.. yeah I've encounter a couple of post from here and there indicating a problem with the overall ambience of a texture.. seems unusual.. but i guess its to cater for the need of the engine to be able to render real bright or dark... cheers mate

ps.. you got lots of cool ut models going on there! ;)

4. ~V~

~V~ New Member

Theres also a setting in your UT2004.ini to make bright skins. Might be worth checking that.

5. Momoka

Momoka New Member

Hi people
    I know that problem, the game adds a +"40" Ambient Light on the characters. So they look like a value of 40 "brighter". There is a solution to this, a mutator that can fix this.
    http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=156702
    I actually are VERY anoyed by how the light brightens the skins, and i ALWAYS use that mutator when playing. Like ALL characters look more like a sun then a human(or alien/robot^^)being.
    cheers

P.S. with that mutator you best put "map light" to 100(then its the normal lightning in the map)and the "ambient light" to 0, that way the players are not brighter then they should be from the normal map light.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005