Bridges

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which bridge is the most popular in the upcoming bridge war?

• Total voters

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
These are suspension bridges I have to sell you....

Fig37c.JPG

1. Arch supported beam - thin arch and strong deck beam. Also equipped with a graphics co-processor capable of eating cheese.

2. The arch and beam of almost equal depth and could be described as not very expressive. Same as above, but different. See bold cell function in Microsoft Excel.

3. The arch and beam in the third bridge have become slender due to the use of inclined hangers, it's zig-zag cell unit is clearly superior to all others.

4. Cantilevering side span arches. This model is clearly for the children's market and casual bridge crossers.

No, we aren't discussing causeways here. Feel free to post exact specifications.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
My entry, in its full MSPaint glory:

edit: you can't tell because they are underwater, but the sharks can shoot FRICKIN LASER BEAMS

Last edited:

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
Emotionless Ice said:
Why do I need a new bridge please tell me and I may buy one?
You can buy a bridge at one of our specially qualified bridge dealers, I know them very well. We don't carry cantelevered bridges, they are for the children's market. Although it's not the main topic here, we do sell causeways - including the new Dual Lane model - but that is neither here nor there. Arch and Beam bridges (AAB) offer the best in performance (due to Cell loading), and they don't have the heat problems of the Arch Supported Beam (ASB).

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
behold, the masterpeice that is a bridge.... (which would likely fall down very quickly....)

Bridgejpg.jpg

excuse the crap font due to jpeg compression, I used Halo font as Its ugly, didnt want to make UT font loook crap ;)

Making full use of the spraypaint tool for accurate recreation of both shadows, grass and lensflares.
Never used to curve tool properly either, was funneh ;)

Do I win :p
?

pwnghetti & leetballs

Barnacle Blitzkrieg!
Jan 14, 2006
Long Island, NY
And randomness just got a whole new meaning.

What the hell is going on in the original poster's head when he/she decides to post a thread about BRIDGES with GPU's?

What drugs are you on and where can I get some?

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
Well, this is what we have so far:

Freon: Amazing pre-emptive laser shark measure, definitely a win for the French nex-gen bridge devs.

The_Head: This is obviously an implimentation of the Arch supported beam. It has lens flaer, which takes excellent advantage of the CE GPU. It really is hueg too.

Beeb: If the cars have suicide doors, you are in a win-win propositional situation. Concrete galoshes never go wrong, either.

Deepsy: Excellent plan, but Freon's sharks might foil it given their indisputable power in the causeway market.

Arcturus: Looks pretty, but it's half finished - it smacks of vaporware. I'll await focus-group studies before making a verdict on this one.