1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BREXIT Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Festering Anus, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Festering Anus

Festering Anus Cheeto Hans

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Britain has declared independence, Angela Merkle is to blame and the EU will now become a chaotic mad-max wasteland. What kind of dune buggy will the europeens favor? Will they give up their children for a can of beans? Will they have machine guns strapped to their battle cars? Eastern europe will likely have dash cams so we're in for an exciting future!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

I don't know enough to make an informed comment.

3. Festering Anus

Festering Anus Cheeto Hans

I recommend studying up on the memes and nothing else

4. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

The older generation that walked through green fields of prosperity dismantled all of the the things they took for granted and that gave them the golden era they lived through. Now they've just burned all the bridges behind them and left us to die.

As fucked as the EU was, it worked, and we gained from it in trade exponentially more than we paid into it. We're now out in the cold and being led by self-interested, self-righteous, socially-regressive millionaires who don't give a flying, goat-sucking, nun-punching fuck about common people and the hardships they're about to inflict on the rest of us.

I understand and accept the arguments for leaving, but they were massively out-weighed by the arguments for staying. Our parents generation have effectively voted for a future the younger generation don't want.

The Dopefish and Balton like this.
  5. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

^add to that that now the UK might implode with Scotland and North Ireland possibly going to leave the UK for the EU.

6. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    Big-Al likes this.
  7. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

That seems to sum it up.

8. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

Also noteworthy:
    Younger voters preferred staying, while older voters preferred leaving. No idea how the "BREXIT" will turn out for the EU or the UK, but generally those who voted for leaving will have to live with the consequences for a much shorter time than those who voted against it.

Oh, and also regions that depend on exports to the EU voted more for leaving. Most relevant GIF I could find on that topic:
    [​IMG]

9. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

I see that 1.8m people have now signed a referendum to re-vote now.

10. Delacroix

Delacroix Successor of Almarion

As Juncker said, if the referendum's results don't fit into the EU narrative, referendum must be repeated until that happens.

I am personally conflicted about Brexit. On one hand, the influx of Muslim migrants, up to the point that some districts of larger cities are patrolled by sharia police, needless bureaucracy like adding warning that a product contains fish when the product IS fish and was already descibed as such, quota that essentially broke the spine of British fishing industry... and on the other hand we have all these economical issues that may or may not happen when Britain finalizes the departure from the EU.

That may be a domino effect that breaks down the entire EU but that may prove a good thing ultimately because if the EU collapses and subsequently rebuilds, we stand a chance of the EU's most significant flaws getting eliminated.

For starters, many of the bureaucrats currently leading the EU don't have a democratic mandate - they haven't been elected by the people. They openly criticize and dismiss will of the citizens, citing terms such as 'populism' and the like. Their economy plans are part of the problem that is still going on in Greece. The EU in its current shape is by no means a good solution, we may see it now clearly - maybe it was, granted, but it no longer is and has to go.

Iceland did its "icexit" for a reason and if suddenly I'm reading about a possible Dutch "nexit", then apparently there's more to the EU than benefits spoken of in here.

11. tomcat ha

tomcat ha Well-Known Member

ah yes the sharia courts that dont really have any actual power. Christians protest all the time vs all sorts of things but thats always ok ofcourse.

this is like calling your house dirty because you left some dirt somewhere. Food warnings exist for a reason you know and not every product has fish as obviously. Otherwise you would have to undergo a lengthy procedure when you do or do not have to mention that something contains fish.

overfishing is definitely not a major ecological problem.

there is such a thing as the european parliament and i can assure you that the average civil servant in your own country is not elected either. A very large part of modern government policy in europe in general is decided by these civil servants and they are also usually under less stringent control than those in Brussels.
    its true that they fucked up greece but thats very much related to helping out the banks over greece. These banks tend to be friends with people like boris johnson etc.

12. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

13. Delacroix

Delacroix Successor of Almarion

I haven't said anything about sharia courts but sharia police, as in: patrols that wander the streets, tell people to dress up, get away from the mosque, throw liquor away and in general creating a state within a state with its own internal rules. That happens all the time and it's wrong. Especially that they override the cultural norms of native Europeans completely and I believe that the EU was supposed to actually STAND for our core values.

And I didn't say Christians protesting against all sorts of things is something to be proud of - but I don't see them being anywhere near as violent. If there are cases of violence, even majority of regular Christians AND CLERGY say it's wrong to resort to violence. If a Muslim hits a woman for not wearing a hijab, good luck finding an imam berating him for it. Us Christians are being chided by those of the clergy that have decent principles (and there's still a lot of those mind you) and in general we know better than to resort to violence just because we ain't agreein' with something.

It is absurd that a smoked salmon in foil which is quite clearly just A FISH is supposed to be having a food warning that it contains fish! You miss the point entirely. Yes, food warnings exist for a reason. They're not needed everywhere though and suddenly introducing them onto a massive market share increasing the cost of packaging it in this way is something wrong, regardless of whether the cost difference is big or not. It's needless so it's money thrown away that could've been spent elsewhere.

No, but ridding fishermen and many other individuals employed in various branches of the fishing and fish processing industry of their work opportunities IS a major economical problem.

Maybe but the highest ranking people in most countries ARE elected by the citizens: presidents and all MPs (in Poland for example the prime minister and his cabinet technically aren't but all of them are recruited from MPs which WERE directly elected). People like Mr. Juncker certainly aren't and they're in a much higher position than any unelected official should be.

Banks aren't all that independent as we would like to believe. There's institutions that watch over them and these are controlled by the EU officials. These officials' decisions or those of their underlings is what has undone Greece and I'd rather think twice before considering being friends with them a good idea.

14. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

It's a complete and utter shitstorm. As much as the EU was flawed down the foundations and needed reform, the current situation is the worst of all possible worlds for basically everyone involved.

Too many ignorant, uneducated morons who listened to some of the most flagrantly false propaganda I've ever seen. The same people that listened to the demagogues and liked what they were hearing. It's no surprise that the higher toe education level, the more likely you were to vote to Remain. The correlation graphs for it are frighteningly clear.

The EU in it's current form needs to be stamped back down to something closer to what it was under the old EEC. If that was the case, this vote would never even have happened in the first place. The UK was happy with the EEC, but as soon as it morphed into the undemocratic, unaccountable juggernaut that was the EU, the UK started digging it's heels in. If the EU had embraced real reform, then Leave wouldn't have won.

The blame lies equally between ignorant English and Welsh voters, the massively arrogant and inflexible EU, and David Cameron for pandering to the UK political Right by calling the vote in the first place. They're all at fault, and they're all to blame.

What we're going to see is the UK be effective wiped out in it's current form.

Scotland will hold another referendum and this time they will vote to leave the UK. Northern Ireland has been left out in the cold and doesn't know what the fuck it's going to do. Half the population of NI is scrambling to apply for Irish dual nationality to gain an EU passport. Because of a Scotland exit from the UK, the UK not only loses land, population and tax revenue, it also loses access to the last of Scotland oil resources.

What's even worse from a longer term point of view is that if Scotland leaves the UK, the UK will be forced to give up it's nuclear weapons capability. Right now the only suitable sub base locations in the UK are in Scotland. No base? No subs. Not subs? No Trident. No Trident? No usable nuclear capability.

If that happens, there's every chance that the UK will lose it's place as a permanent member of the UN Security Council which will further weaken the UK both globally and regionally.

This is it for the UK, unless something utterly miraculous happens to change that.

This is the first time in my life that I've truly lost hope in the future of my country. It doesn't feel like my country any more, and I'm coming the realisation that leaving it might rapidly start to become a necessity.

15. tomcat ha

tomcat ha Well-Known Member

I've seen various protesters protest various similar things on a much more frequent basis than any sharia patrols or whatever. As far as I know there have been only a couple very limited instances of these happening but ofcourse everytime they get made into a super huge deal. Also what what are core european values to begin with?

There have been lots of attacks against abortion clinics. The KKK is still of the recent past. The thing is often the christians are the old power and do not need to resort to terror. Regardless Islamic terrorism is a very recent phenomenon that only came into being after the failure of pan-arabism and the increasing ideologic/religious influence of the Sauds. Before this terrorism was much more wide spread in western europe.
    http://qz.com/558597/charted-terror-attacks-in-western-europe-from-the-1970s-to-now/

As for imams looking away from spousal abuse that is a thing that happens. Often this comes from neo conservative muslims under the influence of the sauds etc. It is also very much true however that whenever an Imam or muslim organisation speaks out against various things supposedly done in the name of/support of their religion that these statements and actions get overlooked.

I am fairly sure that printing a couple of extra letters on packaging is a very minimal cost. What you do not seem to grasp however is that unless you put forth a blanket law you enter a kind of pointless debate on when you should start labelling something. However now i think of it I have never personally seen what you claim what happens.

16. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

* Getting oppressed and bled dry by the rich and the powerful
    * Getting stirred up against each other so that we don't notice and rebel against the above
    * Getting mad at Muslims
    * Sucking banker cocks
    Actually the two above are just part of the first two so never mind, I won't bore you with more of them.
    And whether that's a conspiracy or a systemic problem, and if it has more to do with how our crappy brains work instead of a master plan is up to your tinfoil subscription level.

That's pretty much it for now. I'm still waiting for my delivery of EU Values for Dummies.

PS.
    Almost forgot the most important value:
    * Shitting in the streets

17. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Scotland isn't going to leave the UK. Even if they vote to leave it will never happen. They will want to join the EU and the EU now can't afford them and Scotland can't afford to be a member. It will be hilarious to watch Sturgeon try, though. I don't see this doing much other than opening UK up for a free trade deal with the US which would be beneficial for both countries once Brexit actually happens.

Outside of that, I'm glad the post-apocalyptic wasteland scenario is hitting Europe first so I know it's on its way here!

The Dopefish likes this.
  18. The Dopefish

The Dopefish Active Member

As ignorant and criminally misinformed Leaver Britons are, I don't think they hold a candle to how ignorant and misinformed Trump-supporting Americans are. Maybe it is time to head for Canada after all!

19. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

You are so wrong on all accounts. Post apocalyptic wasteland? L O L.
    You religious types, things get a bit rough and it's already the end times.

Jacks:Revenge likes this.
  20. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

That pretty much sums up politics generally.........