1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE3 - UT3 brainstorm: do a mod/map installer!

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by Growler, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Growler

Growler New Member

*edit* oops sorry, wrong forum [I thought it said "modding & skinning" for some strange reason], please move to the relevant place

If this has been mentioned before, I apologise in advance

We've had plenty of help compiling mods & maps together, so why not create a program that helps us to install the maps/mods in the correct places.

I'm using Star Trek: Bridge Commander's BCMI program as an example of what you could do as an installer:

[​IMG]

Obviously not everyone will have their UT3 folder in the same place, so I suggest let the user set the parameters for where there folder is [like with the difference between XP & Vista users], so then the program will do the rest :)

So this way, we [or at least I myself ^^;] won't get confused where to put the files!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  2. Da Big Cheese

Da Big Cheese Dr Robotnik

This is a really good idea, I'm often fannying about with stuff like this, no idea what directory its supposed to be in. It's alright for veterens, but what about us newbies?? I'd patent the idea now tho!

3. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

DUDE! *HUGS* I WUV JOO! That installer look sso kick ass ! > < ! Me Want ! (Big Strek trek E/F Geek here )

4. Growler

Growler New Member