1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2kX BR-Riveting

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by Hellkeeper, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Hellkeeper

Hellkeeper Soulless Automaton

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Download Riveting (16752 KO)

Implanted on the surface of an entirely frozen planet, this drilling complex never saw use as new environmental regulations prevented the exploitation of natural ressources on virgin worlds at the last minute. As the only loophole concerns cultural journeys, the Liandri Mining Corporation found a way to cash in on its assets by organizing pitched battles in these riveting landscapes. Remember, you're all officially registered as tourists.

Large Bombing run map heavily inspired by Unreal Championship's Download BR-Adrift. Born from a desire to experiment with the Alleria package, wich is use in 2-3 maps only in UT200X, and very badly at that, though it's one of the earliest package and theme created during the development of UT2/UC.
    Bots play perfectly and use all routes. All weapons are present, including both the reedeemer and the ion painter. Also an experiment in having seemingly no limitation to the player's movement: no unpassable cliffs or bottomless pits surrounding the map.
    Because the terrain is largely flat, it was almost impossible to use for antiportals, so the map may run slow when looking at the center from one base or from far away on the sides
    Made for Bombing Run because I always loved this gametype and never got around to making a map for it. I don't care if this gametype is long dead. I hope a few people have fun on it.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  2. *mGm*Lizard

*mGm*Lizard New Member

It's good to see another person working on maps for UT200X. :)

3. Median12

Median12 Mapper

A nice cool large map, changing the StaticMesh texures/skins really does work well.. I'd originally thought you'd added new ones.

The Terrain/SkyBox was beautiful but i'd of added a Terrain to the Skybox.

"You are now leaving Battlefield" was a bit odd but neccessary I expect.. like you said "no falling off the terrain" etc..

I might release an old CTF map (never uploaded before, CTF-0o_ExtremeCTF_o0) ..considering people are now releasing UT2k4 maps again :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Hellkeeper likes this.
  4. Hellkeeper

For static-meshes, it's a mix of changing the texture and using the UV mapped skins overlayed to have the detailed skin but changing the colours through the underlying textures. Neat little trick to add variety. It's also helpful that Alleria was not used that much and usually without the fitted skins (probably because they weren't the default textures on the meshes).

I'm glad you liked the sky because it was a real pain to get right. :) As for the "leaving battlefield", it's unfortunately the only way I found to have a limit to where the player can go without simply adding invisible walls all around. I at least tried to let the player wander very far off the "playable" map before stopping him.

5. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Sweet, I like the similar theme to Adrift. That was probably the best BR map in UC.

6. Hellkeeper

I wouldn't know, I only played UC a few times in 2003 and pretty much only DM on Osiris2.
    I just liked the screenshots I saw on Liandri Archive. I had no idea what the map's layout was like until I managed to find a video of someone playing it. It was so hard I'm pretty sure it's the only one out there on the Internet.