1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BR-chefren (utk4)

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by vindicate, Sep 30, 2004.

1. vindicate

vindicate totaly unreal!

Hello every one.
    I've been busy on this map for a very long time, thats because i was to busy with other things, anyway. this map is older than 1 year and i finaly desided to make a real end on it. it was playeble all the time, but still...
    I put it already some time on nalicity, but i used the comment window as an forum window, i guess it did not worked out so well, so i also fix that problem aswell.
    This is my try out on utk3/utk4 engine, so it isn't a master piece, still i like to hear about what you think this map (besides it still took many hours).
    So far i'm statisfied what i have created for now, ofcourse i would make it better as it is right now, but i also want to make an end to it.
    It is an egyptian level (always wanne do it ones, normal ut engine wasn't good enough for me) with unreal elements, so not really up to the realism. I really wanted, not to use already made meshes, so all static meshes are made by myself (thats why the sise). My bro also likes ut games, he said "it may not be best looking but it is still full of fun".
    So i appreaciate comments. only thing what i already can tell is fps. trust me i tryed a lot, it seemed fog is the only awser left. but i try to evoid fog. so suggestions are always welcome (i tryed: zones as possible, anti portals, forced visibillity zone tag, simple box collision, fog)
    Well i guess to fix that i fill your screen with text i end the text.
    follow the link and try it for yourself (it is possible if you are very fast you still might get v1.1, i just uploaded 1.2, could be usefull if you wanne see the major improvement i did between the last two versions)

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7611

Have fun with my map

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  2. vindicate

vindicate totaly unreal!

btw if you are not sure witch version you have dowloaded, it is reconisible to the thick black fog (was for the fps)
    v1.1 looks like this, still you get a good idea how the map looks like

well it is now v1.2! they have updated it

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004