Bounty Hunters ß2!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The new version of Bounty Hunters is

• Better!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Worse!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just as good.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Just as bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Good: Icons. Maybe a little big, but it's great. I know what I'm firing now :)

Bad: HUD. The blackness covers the message box. I can't tell when someone's died which in a game like this, is pretty much crucial.

Ugly: HUD also has no frag indicator. To check the scores I have to use the F1 key. bad, very bad.

I do like the beginnings of the balance though.

Overall, a :tup: but a major :tdown: to the HUD. Yes I'm aware it isn't done yet, so what I would do is implement it when you're finished with it and let us use the UT hud in the mean time.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Icons: I'm gonna move them over to the right further so they're not quite as in the way.

Blackness: I don't know how to fix that. Anyone here know how I could make stuff in the PostRender function of my weapon be displayed underneath stuff in my HUD class?

Bounty indicator: As you've probably noticed, I kinda slapped the rest of the HUD together (*points out small health text in upper-left hand corner*) so I could get a release out. The next version will have your bounty, rank, and spread, but probably will still just be small white text.

Now something I've been wondering: what do you people think of the railgun's effects on people? Do you like the gruesome splatter of blood that comes with head shots? Do you like the way it blasts organs out now (I though it made the weapon feel more presise than gibbing)? Or do you think it's all too disgusting?

Oh yeah, and I still gotta make it so you can breath under water without using those SCUBA gears. I find it kinda annoying seeing those lying around the level.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by Smoke39
Blackness: I don't know how to fix that. Anyone here know how I could make stuff in the PostRender function of my weapon be displayed underneath stuff in my HUD class?
Try putting Super.PostRender() AFTER everything else in the function.... but thats just a guess.... that or put the helmet blackness itself in the HUD class rather than weapon.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Moving Super.PostRender() didn't work, and I don't know how to put it in the HUD itself (which was my original plan). :mad: I tried using the same code as in my equipment in the PostRender function of the HUD, but that seemed to have no effect. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.