1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bots won't use vehicles!

Discussion in 'Level Editing - Advanced' started by bobnine, Aug 11, 2004.

1. bobnine

bobnine JamesG

Does anyone know how to get bots to use vehicles.I have been using RoadPathNodes and FlyingPathNodes,neither work,the bots either ignore the vehicles or jump in and then out instantly, spending no time driving the vehicles along the paths i have made for them.

The paths all have white lines between them when I show paths.

Can someone please enlighten me as to why the bots refuse to use vehicles properly?

2. -\Zeta-

-\Zeta- Rave-0-Lution

yes LOL .. good u have noticed .. there's The creators of onslaught who mention this at http://www.psyonix.com/OnslaughtMapTutorial.shtml

TESTING VEHICLES IN YOUR MAP

When testing vehicles, there are several important things to look out for...

The most general rule is to realize that people are going to try and drive every vehicle everywhere in your map in every possible way. Make sure and test all of these situations and make sure you don't get stuck easily, and also make sure you can exit your vehicle no matter where you want to. The exiting system checks a certain number of locations around the vehicle and if the vehicle can get into really tight quarters you may find yourself trapped. Nobody likes to be trapped in a vehicle and having to suicide.

Make sure that the wheeled vehicles can drive over the terrain without getting snagged easily, or constantly being flipped over by uneven terrain. Having lots of jumps is great, but make sure it doesn't get annoying when your trying to get somewhere fast and every few seconds you're nose diving into the ground.

The tank has the ability to drive over some pretty insane ground. Be sure and test driving it up and down vertical cliffs, over giant boulders, into tight places you wouldn't expect people to want to go, everywhere. Tanks are usually valuable vehicles in a game and nobody likes it when they get one and then have to bail out because they get stuck.

The Manta and Raptor rarely have problems getting around in any map. But that is precisely the problem you need to be looking out for. If you want to have areas that only the Raptor can fly to, you will need to do a lot of testing to make sure the Manta can't get there as well. The other, more important, problem is keeping them in the map. You don't want to have people figure out how to get a vehicle out of your map and under the terrain where they can fire on people from underground. Fortunately you have three powerful tools for keeping this from happening..

simple .. make room! more place such as 3X tank size .. and bots will use the tank

ive had this problem for a long time! .. i know what u feal!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2004
  3. bobnine

bobnine JamesG

thanks heaps!

thats helped me alot. :)

4. -\Zeta-

-\Zeta- Rave-0-Lution