1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Botpathing steep steps in UT2004

Discussion in 'Level Editing - Basic' started by OrionCo30, Aug 7, 2005.

1. OrionCo30

OrionCo30 New Member

Is there a way to coax bots into climbing very steep steps? I tried forced paths, one way paths and a few other tricks, but the bots will only climb the first few steps and then jump back down. I don't want to use ladder zones in this particular map because they slow down the players far too much. Thanks for any help you can provide.:)

2. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

The place they need to go isn't enticing enough,they find it more likeing to go back.
    Try putting a redeemer,quad,and shileds up there and see what gives.

If the path is there then they should use it,so mabye move away things at the bottom.

Also in ut2004 they F_cked things all up,but if you whant to go through the trouble of makeing a whole new item,weapon settings,adjust the "maxdesireability" in ut you can just change it,but ut2004 i hate how they messed things up like that.

3. SuperApe

SuperApe Registered Monkey

This thread may help.