BotManagerV5 problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[]Flyboy

May 31, 2005
www.dafunhouse.com
I am running a remote UT2004 server with Jailbreak as 1 of the selectable gametypes.

I am also using BotManagerV5 to add specific bots occasionally to the games.

Unfortunately though, if I add bots in Jailbreak using this tool, they are not assigned a team (although this program will do it in other team gametypes) so they do not show up on a player list, and will not spawn in the jails when killed (which means the team he/she is on will never be completely jailed :eek: ).

I've spoken with the guy who wrote the code, and unfortunately he doesn't know how JB works to incorporate it into his code. This program works really well with other teambased games because it is so user friendly).

Is there anyone here who wrote the JB code who could possibly help?

Mychaeel

Well... Jailbreak does a whole bunch of things relating to bots and their teams.

The only thing that comes into my mind about bots not getting assigned to teams, though, is that Jailbreak overrides DeathMatch.InitPlacedBot so only Bot-derived classes are assigned to a team, and no other Controllers are (e.g. MonsterControllers).

If I could have a look into BotManagerV5's code, perhaps I'd see something. Can you tell me where you got it from?

[]Flyboy

May 31, 2005
www.dafunhouse.com
That sounds good to me, but I would like send the code by email to respect the origional creators wishes (I wouldn't like it messed about with by everyone, as I am sure he wouldn't :rolleyes: ).

If you email me at flyboy@pc.dk I will send you the code and I hope you can see something :)